Nightbird (Paul Carrack album)
|Studio album by|
|Genre||Pop rock, soft rock|
|Producer||Phill Brown, Paul Carrack, Allan Callan|
|Paul Carrack chronology|
Nightbird is the debut solo studio album by the English singer-songwriter Paul Carrack. It came out in 1980, shortly after Carrack's tenure with Roxy Music, and featured musical contributions from several Roxy session musicians, as well as backing vocals (and a songwriting contribution) from Carrack's former Ace bandmate Alan "Bam" King. Nightbird was originally released on Vertigo Records in the UK and Europe, and was reissued in 2004 on PolyGram.
The album's pre-release single was "Beauty's Only Skin Deep". On that single, it was indicated the album was to be called Showing Off.
Shortly after this album was issued, Carrack joined the band Squeeze. He stayed a member of Squeeze for most of 1981 before resuming his solo career.
|1.||"Beauty's Only Skin Deep"||Norman Whitfield, Eddie Holland||2:54|
|2.||"There's A Good Chance"||Paul Carrack||4:14|
|3.||"In Love With Me"||Alan "Bam" King, K. White||4:20|
|5.||"Love Is All It Takes"||Andy Fraser||4:21|
|6.||"Bet You Never Been In Love"||Carrack||3:56|
|7.||"Where You Going Babe"||Carrack||4:14|
|8.||"You Belong With Me"||Carrack||4:45|
Credits are adapted from the album's liner notes.
- Paul Carrack – lead and backing vocals, keyboards, guitar
- Tim Renwick, Winston Delandro, Neil Hubbard – guitars
- Alan Spenner, Kuma Harada – bass
- Andy Newmark, Jeff Seopardie, Richard Bailey – drums
- Neville Murray – percussion
- Guy Barker, Malcolm Griffiths, Martin Drover, Mel Collins – horns
- Bam King, Dyan Birch, Noel McCalla – backing vocals
- Producers – Paul Carrack and Phill Brown (all tracks); Allan Callan (tracks 1, 6 & 7).
- Engineer – Phill Brown
- Assistant Engineer – Barry Sage
- Recorded at RG Jones Studios (London, UK).
- Mixed at Basing Street Studios (London, UK).
- Front Cover Photos – Iain McKell (black and white) and Brendan Walsh (color).
- Back Cover Portrait – Mike Prior