Nights and Weekends
|Nights and Weekends|
|Edited by||Joe Swanberg|
|Distributed by||IFC Films|
Nights and Weekends is a 2008 American mumblecore film co-directed, co-written, co-produced by and co-starring Joe Swanberg and Greta Gerwig. The film follows a long-distance relationship and its aftermath.
The film recounts a long-distance relationship between two people, one of whom lives in Chicago, the other in New York City. The first half of the film follows their relationship while the second half focuses on the dissolution and potential continuation of it, which occurs a year after the events of the first half of the film.
- Alison Bagnall as Reporter
- Elizabeth Donius as James' brother's wife
- Jay Duplass as James' brother
- Greta Gerwig as Mattie
- Kent Osborne as Mattie's sister's boyfriend
- Lynn Shelton as Mattie's sister
- Ellen Stagg as Photographer
- Joe Swanberg as James
The second half of the film was shot a year after the first half, mirroring the timeline of the story.
On review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes, the film has an approval rating of 89% based on 19 reviews, with an average rating of 6.8/10. On Metacritic, which assigns a normalized rating to reviews, the film has a weighted average score of 59 out of 100, based on 6 critics, indicating "mixed or average reviews."
- "Nights and Weekends (2008)". Box Office Mojo. Amazon. Retrieved August 15, 2016.
- Debruge, Peter (March 19, 2008). "SXSW Review: Nights and Weekends". Variety. Retrieved February 24, 2011.
- Cardace, Sara (October 10, 2008). "Mumblecore Muse Greta Gerwig on 'Nights and Weekends' and the Ugly Side of Movie Sex". Retrieved August 1, 2010.
- Willmore, Alison (March 17, 2008). "SXSW 2008: "Nights and Weekends". Retrieved February 24, 2011.
- "Nights and Weekends (2008)". Rotten Tomatoes. Fandango. Retrieved February 21, 2018.
- "Nights and Weekends Reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved February 21, 2018.
|This article about an independent film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|