Nights with Alice Cooper
This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Genre||Classic Rock/ Mainstream Rock/ Comedy|
|Running time||5 hours|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Produced by||Katherine Turman|
|Recording studio||Phoenix, Arizona|
|Original release||26 January 2004 – present|
|Website||Nights with Alice Cooper|
Nights with Alice Cooper is a radio show hosted by Detroit born rock and roll artist and shock rock pioneer Alice Cooper. It is syndicated by United Stations Radio Networks and broadcast on a wide variety of affiliate radio stations in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and Europe. The most recent show is also streamed online in a continuous loop by Radionomy; this stream is also used for the official Nights with Alice Cooper app for iOS and Android, which additionally offers "exclusive content" as well as interaction with other fans.
During the program Cooper plays requests as well as his favorite songs (most of which are from the classic rock genre), answers emails from his fans, and interviews celebrities. Celebrities he has interviewed on his show include Joe Perry of Aerosmith, Brian Johnson of AC/DC, Ozzy Osbourne, Meat Loaf, Rob Zombie, Glenn Danzig, Def Leppard, Peter Frampton and Jerry Springer. The show also plays rare tracks from classic rock artists, along with blues, early punk rock, and psychedelic music.
Nights with Alice Cooper features many segments, including "Tuesday Bluesday", "Freaky Facts", "Movie Music Madness", "Cooper's Covers", "Same Name" (two different songs with the same name), "Closet Classic", "The Quiet Room", "Lockdown Rockdown" (songs for Cooper's jailed listeners), "Monster Prog", "Throwback Thursday", "Hey Superstar Clean Out the Garage", "The Best Band You've Never Heard In Your Life" and "Songs We Just Don't Understand". Alice also plays his own rare songs and tells the stories behind them in the "Alice's B.O." (Beyond Obscure) and "Alice's Lost Hits" segments.
Holidays are big events on Nights with Alice Cooper, especially Halloween. The radio show has offered numerous contests and giveaways, including a flyaway trip to see Cooper in concert; a trip to see Led Zeppelin in London; and in October 2008, the giveaway of a signed ESP guitar. Alice is also a huge trivia buff, and gives away signed pairs of his own pants to listeners who correctly answer his questions, which mostly relate to rare rock or movie trivia.
The show is also known for Cooper's humorous self-deprecating one-liner outros to commercial breaks: An announcer often tells Cooper's listeners that they are listening to (among many things) "a man for whom even Dr. Phil has no cure", "a man who is not afraid to look like a fool--and demonstrates so regularly", and, possibly most famously, "a man with a face made for radio", and other things mocking and/or questioning Cooper's intelligence, wisdom, talent, career, activities, looks, etc. in such ways.
In the early days of the show, the program featured several scripted comedy skits which centered around Alice and his life. Many of these featured Alice getting into arguments with rock musicians who asked Cooper for money he allegedly owed them for shows. These arguments would ultimately result in Cooper getting beaten senseless by the artists, who would often yell "and THIS is for making fun of RUSH!" (which was a common joke of Cooper's at the time.)
- KLPX-FM 96.1 Tucson, AZ
- WRSW-FM 107.3 Warsaw, IN
- KKLN-FM 94.1 Willmar, MN
- KSLX 100.7 Phoenix, AZ
- WYCR 98.5 Harrisburg, PA, Lancaster, PA
- KCON (FM) 99.3/105.5, Atkins, AR
- KZLE (FM) 93.3, Batesville, AR
- WFXF -FM 103.9 Chicago, IL
- KLKK103.7 The Fox Mason City, IA
- KVRV 97.7 The River Monte Rio, CA
- WZUU 92.5 The Zoo Kalamazoo, MI
- WKBH-FM 100.1 La Crosse, WI
- KIOO 99.7 Porterville, CA
- KKZX 98.9 Spokane, WA
- KRVX 103.1 Wimbledon, ND
- WIMZ 103.5 Knoxville, TN
- WILZ 104.5 Saginaw, MI
- KCMQ 96.7 Columbia MO
- WWUZ 96.9 Bowling Green, VA (Fredericksburg, VA)
WKIT 100.3 Bangor,Me
- CFMK-FM 96.3FM Kingston, ON
- CFRQ-FM 104.3FM Halifax, NS
- CIXL-FM 91.7FM Welland, ON
- CKLY-FM 91.9FM Lindsay, ON
- CKLZ-FM 104.7FM Kelowna, BC
- Planet Rock (from 1. 9. 2015 not aired on FM) West Midlands, DAB+ / Sky / Freesat / Virgin Media nationally
- 104.1 Territory FM Darwin, Northern Territory
- 104.7 Classic Triple M Adelaide, South Australia
- Zinc 102.7FM Cairns, Queensland
- 4CC 927AM Gladstone, Queensland / 1584AM Rockhampton, Queensland
- Zinc 101.9FM Mackay, Queensland
- Zinc 96.1FM Sunshine Coast, Queensland
- Zinc 100.7FM Townsville, Queensland
- Crow FM 90.7FM Wondai, Queensland
- Rebel FM (various) Remote New South Wales and Queensland
- The Sound (New Zealand) (various) Nationwide on FM bands
- "Nights with Alice Cooper – Find A Station Near You!". United Stations Radio Networks. Retrieved 25 February 2017.
- "Radionomy – Nights with Alice Cooper". Radionomy. Retrieved 25 February 2017.
- Elisabeth Mahoney (1 July 2005). "Alice's wonderland". The Guardian. Retrieved 25 March 2011.
- "NIGHTS WITH ALICE COOPER". 104.1 Territory FM. Retrieved 30 March 2015.
- "Nights with Alice Cooper - Zinc 102.7". Zinc 102.7. Grant Broadcasters. Retrieved 30 March 2015.
- "Nights with Alice Cooper - Radio 4CC Gladstone". 4CC. Grant Broadcasters. Retrieved 30 March 2015.
- "Nights with Alice Cooper - Zinc 101.9". Zinc 101.9. Grant Broadcasters. Retrieved 30 March 2015.
- "Nights with Alice Cooper - Zinc 96.1". Zinc 96.1. Grant Broadcasters. Retrieved 30 March 2015.
- "Nights with Alice Cooper - Zinc 100.7". Zinc 100.7. Grant Broadcasters. Retrieved 30 March 2015.
- "NIGHTS WITH ALICE COOPER". Crow FM. Retrieved 30 March 2015.
- "Rebel FM - Our Shows". Rebel FM. Rebel Media. Retrieved 30 March 2015.