|Founded||2 December 1876|
The Nikkei, formally known as The Nihon Keizai Shimbun (日本経済新聞?, literally Japan Economic Newspaper), is Nikkei Inc.'s flagship publication and the world's largest financial newspaper, with a daily circulation exceeding 3 million.
The roots of the Nikkei started with an in-house newspaper department of Mitsui & Company in 1876 when it started publication of Chugai Bukka Shimpo (literally Domestic and Foreign Commodity Price Newspaper), a weekly market-quotation bulletin. The department was spun out as the Shokyosha in 1882. The paper became daily (except Sunday) in 1885 and was renamed Chugai Shogyo Simpo in 1889. It was merged with Nikkan Kogyo and Keizai Jiji and renamed Nihon Sangyo Keizai Shimbun in 1942. The paper changed its name to the Nihon Keizai Shimbun in 1946.
Nikkei Inc. specializes in publishing financial, business and industry news. Its main news publications include:
- Nikkei Asian Review, an English-language business journal that launched in November 2013.
- Nihon Keizai Shimbun (日本経済新聞?), a leading economic newspaper.
- Nikkei Veritas (日経ヴェリタス?), a weekly financial newspaper that replaced Nikkei Kinyu Shimbun (Nikkei Financial Daily) in March 2008.
- Nikkei Business Daily (日経産業新聞 Nikkei Sangyo Shimbun?), an industry newspaper
- Nikkei Marketing Journal (日経MJ Nikkei MJ?), a commerce newspaper
- Nikkei Weekly' (日経ウィークリー?), an English-language business newspaper
Nikkei sells these newspapers around the world, in their original languages and in translation. It also makes many of its Japanese articles available in English through wire services, an English language website, and a licensing agreement with LexisNexis.
Nikkei Group affiliate companies
- Nikkei Business Publications, Inc. (Nikkei BP)
- Nikkei CNBC
- Nikkei Radio Broadcasting Corporation (Radio Nikkei)
- Quick Corporation
- Nikkei Science (50%)
- Nikkei National Geographic (50%)
- TV Tokyo (33.3%)
- TV Osaka (19.9%)
- TV Aichi (19.9%)
- TV Hokkaido (19.9%)
- TVQ Kyushu (19.9%)
- Rating & Investment Information, Inc. (58.6%)
- Financial Times (acquisition from Pearson PLC not yet settled)
- ABC (Audit Bureau of Circulations) Japan, average for July–December 2012
- "History : COMPANY". nikkei.co.jp. Retrieved 30 July 2015.
- "5 Things to Know About Nikkei". The Wall Street Journal. July 23, 2015. Retrieved July 25, 2015.
- Full ver. "SEE WHAT OTHERS DON'T" Nikkei Asian Review PV, Nikkei Asian Review, YouTube, 2013-11-20, retrieved 2014-02-19
- Greenslade, Roy (2013-11-21). "Nikkei launches new Asian magazine". The Guardian. Retrieved 2014-02-19.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nihon Keizai Shimbun.|
|This article related to newspapers in Japan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|