2 July 1956 |
Sarajevo, SR Bosnia and Herzegovina, Yugoslavia
|Logic, Philosophy of mind, Philosophy of language, Cognitive science|
|Principle of the Logical|
Nijaz Ibrulj (born 2 July 1956) is a Bosnian philosopher and a professor at the University of Sarajevo's Department of Philosophy and Sociology. He lectures on logic, analytic philosophy, methodology of social sciences, theory of knowledge, and cognitive science. His interests also extend to the field of social ontology. In 2000-2001 Ibrulj was awarded a Fulbright Visiting Scholarship to visit the University of California at Berkeley, where he worked with John Searle and Donald Davidson.
Ibrulj is the founder and president of the Academia Analitica, a learned society for the development of logic and analytic philosophy in Bosnia and Herzegovina and director of the "ZINK", a scientific and research incubator. He is the founding editor of SOPHOS, a young researchers’ journal and of The Logical Foresight, a journal for logic and science.
Work in philosophy
Ibrulj has written extensively on various topics of analytic philosophy, philosophical logic, and philosophy of language, cognitive science and social ontology.
In his book Philosophy of Logic (1999), he introduced a theory named the Principle of the Logical. He defines the Principle of the Logical as an ideal matrix of the logical principles or laws of thought (the law of identity, the law of non-contradiction, the law of excluded middle, the law of sufficient reason).
In the book The Century of Rearrangement (2005), Ibrulj investigated the concepts of relation between identity and knowledge in an ambient of intelligent space, which is designed by modern informational and communicational technology, nanoscience and nanotechnology, and the processes of globalisation. He made a distinction between two theories of identity: a strong theory of identity (“anchored identity”) and a weak theory of identity (“mobile identity” or “identity in action”).
- Philosophy of Logic (1999) ISBN 9958-21-112-2
- The Century of Rearrangements. Essays on Identity, Knowledge and Society. (2005) ISBN 9958-9419-0-2
- Bosnia Porphyriana. An Outline of the Development of Logic in Bosnia and Herzegovina in Pregled, 2, 2009.
- National Dogmatism or the Logic of Consotiation? in Pregled, 1-2, 2006.
- Radical Interpretation of Identity 2008.
- The Adjustment Of Identity: Inquiries into Logic and Semantics of an Uncertain World in Prolegomena, 1, 2005.
- The Rational Construction of the World from Ontology of Sign in Dijalog, 1/2, 2005.
- One-dimensional Society in Pregled, 1/2, 2005.
- Frege, Gottlob Der Gedanke. Eine logische Untersuchung in Dijalog, 1-2, 1989.
- Davidson, Donald Semantics for Natural Languages in Odjek, 1-2, 1997.
- Davidson, Donald Truth and Meaning in Dijalog, 2, 1998.
- Porphyrius Eisagoge (Isagoge) in Dijalog, 1, 2008.
- Ibrulj, Nijaz Bosnia Porphyriana. An Outline of the Development of Logic in Bosnia and Herzegovina in Pregled, 2, 2009.
- Ibrulj Philosophy of Logic (1999), ch. 4, pp. 187-226
- Ibrulj The Century of Rearrangements. Essays on Identity, Knowledge and Society. (2005), pp. 17-49
- Arnautović, Samir (2009). Transcendentalna filozofija i odrednice moderne. ISBN 978-9958-9419-2-4.
- Premec, Vladimir Kulturnoznanstvena vrednota in Dijalog, 1, 2009.