|Region||Syrmia (Spačva basin)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Postal code||Nijemci 32 245|
Lipovac 32 246
Đeletovci 32 244
Donje Novo Selo 32 245
Banovci 32 247
Podgrađe 32 245
Apševci 32 246
Vinkovački Banovci 32 247
In the 2011 census, there were 4,705 inhabitants in the municipality, 87.78% of which were Croats. The second largest ethnic group are Serbs who live mainly in two villages in the north of the municipality. There are only 0.06% aforementioned Germans living in this municipality.
Languages and names
In villages Šidski Banovci and Vinkovački Banovci, along with Croatian which is official in the whole country, as a second official language has been introduced Serbian language with Cyrillic script.
Municipality is located in historical regions of Syrmia. Municipality total area is 224.68 km2. Rivers Spačva i Bosut flows through the municipality. The territory of the municipality is completely flat very fertile black soil.
Climate and weather
Nijemci municipality has a moderately warm and rainy continental climate as defined by the Köppen climate classification. Due to the influence of continentality temperature differences within one year are more pronounced than in the rest of country.
Municipality of Nijemci have a 4705 inhabitants according to 2011 Census. 1605 were living in the village of Nijemci at that time.
Local elementary school for the first eight grades operate in the village of Nijemci since the 1760.
|Donje Novo Selo||498|
Notable natives and residents
- "Population by Age and Sex, by Settlements, 2011 Census: Nijemci". Census of Population, Households and Dwellings 2011. Zagreb: Croatian Bureau of Statistics. December 2012.
- "Population by Ethnicity, by Towns/Municipalities, 2011 Census: County of Vukovar-Sirmium". Census of Population, Households and Dwellings 2011. Zagreb: Croatian Bureau of Statistics. December 2012.
- Izvješće o provođenju ustavnog zakona o pravima nacionalnih manjina i o utošku sredstava osiguranih u državnom proračunu Republike Hrvatske za 2008. godinu za potrebe nacionalnih manjina, Zagreb, 2009.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on October 29, 2013. Retrieved March 8, 2013.
- Lovrinčević, Željko; Davor, Mikulić; Budak, Jelena (June 2004). "AREAS OF SPECIAL STATE CONCERN IN CROATIA- REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT DIFFERENCES AND THE DEMOGRAPHIC AND EDUCATIONAL CHARACTERISTICS". Ekonomski pregled, Vol.55 No.5-6. Retrieved 25 August 2018.
- "Naselja". Retrieved April 6, 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nijemci.|
- Official website of Nijemci (in Croatian)