|Born||December 19, 1994|
Nik Dodani (born December 19, 1994) is an American actor and comedian based in Los Angeles. Dodani is best known for his role as Zahid in Atypical, a Netflix original comedy series created by Robia Rashid. Dodani currently stars as Pat Patel in the revival of popular CBS sitcom Murphy Brown, which premiered on September 27, 2018.
In addition to Netflix's Atypical, Dodani is known for his appearances in Comedy Central’s Idiotsitter, Freeform’s Kevin From Work, and NBC’s The Player. He has appeared in the Ben Stiller-produced Netflix film, Alex Strangelove; in the Sony Pictures thriller, The Maze; as well as in Joshua Leonard’s upcoming independent film, Behold My Heart, opposite Marisa Tomei and Charlie Plummer. Dodani also performs stand-up and made his late-night comedy debut on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert on September 28, 2018.
During the 2016 presidential election, Dodani was a producer for MoveOn.org, where he organized a political comedy tour called Laughter Trumps Hate. He previously worked as a communications consultant at RALLY, an issue advocacy firm based in Hollywood, and as a graphic designer and student organizer on Elizabeth Warren’s 2012 Senate campaign. He studied politics at Occidental College.
In 2016, The Advocate Magazine listed Dodani as one of "21 Out Actors of Color Hollywood Should Cast as Leading Men”. In 2015, BuzzFeed described Dodani as one of "14 People Revolutionising India’s Fight For LGBT Rights”.
|2016||Goodbye, Felix Chester||Ankush|
|The Good Neighbor||Sanjay|
|Behold My Heart||Seamus|
|2008||Living with Abandon||Paku||TV Movie|
|2014||The Comeback||Harry||2 episodes|
|Selfie||Bookstore Employee||1 episode|
|2015||Kevin from Work||Paul Garfunkle||2 episodes|
|The Player||Solomon Desai||1 episode|
|2018||Murphy Brown||Pat Patel||Main Role|
- "Comedian Nik Dodani's new set about being gay and Indian is hilarious" Daily Life. Retrieved 2016-04-28.
- "Interview: Gay Indian comic explains how invisibility fuels homophobia" PinkNews. Retrieved 2016-04-28.
- "This man explains what it’s like to be gay Indian in the US" Indian Express. Retrieved 2016-04-28.
- Fernandez, Maria Elena. "Atypical Creator Robia Rashid on Autism: 'I Had to Do a Lot of Real Learning'". Vulture. Retrieved 2017-08-15.
- "Nik Dodani Boards ‘Alex Strangelove’" Deadline Hollywood, and Netflix's Atypical. Retrieved 2017-07-06.
- "Scoop: THE PLAYER on NBC - Tonight, October 22, 2015" Broadway World. Retrieved 2016-04-28.
- "Netflix original 'Alex Stangelove' to feature Indian-American actor Nik Dodani" Times of India. Retrieved 2017-07-06.
- N'Duka, Amanda (2017-09-22). "Tyler Labine, 'Insecure's Jay Ellis & Nik Dodani Join Sony's 'The Maze'". Deadline. Retrieved 2017-11-07.
- "Marisa Tomei, Timothy Olyphant Starring in ‘Behold My Heart’" Variety. Retrieved 2016-04-28.
- "Murphy Brown Star Jokes About Being Gay and Indian on Stephen Colbert". 2018-09-29. Retrieved 2018-10-01.
- "Comedy Competition Will Focus on Taking Down Trump" The Interroband. Retrieved 2016-10-01.
- "Newsmakers" Occidental College. Retrieved 2016-04-28.
- "Gay, Indian and Disappointed: Nik Dodani’s Brand Of Stand-Up Comedy Is Revealing" Homegrown. Retrieved 2016-04-28.
- "21 Out Actors of Color Hollywood Should Cast as Leading Men" Advocate. Retrieved 2016-10-01.
- "14 People Revolutionising India’s Fight For LGBT Rights" BuzzFeed. Retrieved 2016-10-01.
- "Film News Roundup: ‘Murphy Brown’ Star Nik Dodani Writing ‘Blue Boy’ Script". Variety, October 12, 2018.