|Born||Adenike Asabi Oshinowo|
|Beauty pageant titleholder|
|Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria 1991|
Oshinowo was raised in Ibadan and England, where she attended boarding school. Although she had intended to become an air hostess or a doctor, she studied Politics at the University of Essex. Shortly after obtaining her degree, Oshinowo, who was mentored by former Miss Nigeria Helen Prest-Davies, represented Rivers at the Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria pageant and became its first Yoruba winner (she was crowned in 1990, but reigned through 1991,). Her victory as the "Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria" was attended by controversy from the audience and journalists who covered the event. Rumors in the press circulated that the contest was rigged in her favor. Towards the end of her reign, Nike in an interview with a soft-sell magazine, attempted to squash the rumor by stating that Prest-Davies had no hand in her MBGN victory.
After her reign which saw her compete at Miss World, Oshinowo featured in a commercial for Venus cosmetics and hosted a fashion and beauty show on Nigerian television. Her business ventures included an African restaurant and Skin Deep, a health and beauty spa which ran for seven years before it was sold after she decided to create her own range of beauty products for the Nigerian market. On January 17, 2010, she released the workout video Nike Oshinowo: Fit, Forty and Fabulous - the first celebrity fitness DVD produced in the country - and is currently working on the beauty products which will include fragrance, skincare, and haircare.
In 2010, after a six-year attempt, Oshinowo finally bought the Miss Nigeria franchise from former organisers Daily Times, and became chief executive and creative director of the pageant. As of 2012, she is no longer in charge, but is now working on another pageant in which the winner will reign for a hundred years.
Oshinowo, who is fluent in five languages including Japanese and French, married medical doctor Tunde Soleye in 2006, but the couple are now divorced. In 2009, the couple were in the news following a lawsuit instituted by Soleye's ex-wife Funmilayo, who claimed that he had been unfaithful with Oshinowo during their marriage. In 2013, she spoke of her struggle with endometriosis which has plagued her since boarding school by age 13, and at the age of 47 she became the mother of twins via surrogacy in America.
- "It's twins for Nike Oshinowo - Vanguard News". Vanguard News. 2013-10-07. Retrieved 2017-08-29.
- Adeniran, Yemisi (22 January 2011). "I am your everyday girl -Nike Oshinowo". National Mirror. Lagos, Nigeria. Retrieved 30 May 2012.
- "Nigerian Beauty Queens still rocking". The Vanguard. Lagos, Nigeria. 7 October 2011. Retrieved 30 May 2012.
- Lawal, Kemi (21 August 2011). "Their crowns, their love, their lives". The Punch. Nigeria. Retrieved 30 May 2012.
- Onyema, Ada (19 June 2010). "The key to looking beautiful – Nike Oshinowo-Soleye, ex-beauty queen". The Punch. Nigeria. Retrieved 30 May 2012.
- "Something New From Nike Oshinowo". Nigerian Tribune. Ibadan, Nigeria. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 30 May 2012.
- "Nigeria HomePage - Breaking News, Business, Sports, Entertainment and Video News". www.thenigerianvoice.com. Retrieved 2017-08-29.
- "Fit, Forty and Fabulous". The Vanguard. Lagos, Nigeria. 30 January 2010. Retrieved 30 May 2012.
- "Between Brand Owners and 'Miss Nigeria'". Thisday. Lagos, Nigeria. 18 July 2010. Archived from the original on 14 September 2012. Retrieved 30 May 2012.
- Olukole, Tope (19 June 2010). "Miss Nigeria Returns After Six Years •To Hold In Three Continents". Nigerian Tribune. Ibadan, Nigeria. Archived from the original on 15 June 2013. Retrieved 30 May 2012.
- Nike Oshinowo Relinquishes Crown
- All Set For New Miss Nigeria
- I love to conquer — Nike Oshinowo
- "Nike Oshinowo's late night whispering - Vanguard News". Vanguard News. 2014-11-22. Retrieved 2017-08-29.
- Lawal, Kemi (25 October 2009). "Nike Oshinowo-Soleye returns". The Punch. Nigeria. Retrieved 30 May 2012.
- Ohai, Chux (30 January 2010). "I never thought I would get married - Nike Oshinowo-Soleye, former Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria". The Punch. Nigeria. Retrieved 30 May 2012.
- Inyang, Ifreke (2013-01-22). ""It is simple and clean, this is not a scandal" - Dr. Soleye confirms split from Nike Oshinowo". Daily Post Nigeria. Retrieved 2017-08-29.
- Akpeh, Ebele (24 October 2009). "Infidelity - Ex-Beauty Queen, Nike Oshinowo Joined in Divorce Suit". AllAfrica.com. Retrieved 30 May 2012.
- ‘I thought I was going to die’ – Nike Osinowo