Arora at the Google Zeitgeist 2009 event
|Education||B.Tech, M.S., M.B.A, CFA|
|Alma mater||Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University (now Indian Institute of Technology (BHU) Varanasi)
|Occupation||President and COO of SoftBank Corp. and CEO of SoftBank Internet and Media, Inc. (SIMI)|
Born to an Indian Air Force officer, Arora graduated from the Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University (now Indian Institute of Technology (BHU) Varanasi), India with a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering in 1989. He holds a degree from Boston College and an MBA from Northeastern University. He also holds the CFA designation.
President & Chief Operating Officer of SoftBank Corp. Arora was paid a record amount of $135 million to lead Softbank’s operations. This pay packet made him world’s 3rd highest paid executive. 
Arora joined Google in 2004. He held multiple senior operating leadership roles at Google, serving as President, Global Sales Operations and Business Development from 2009 to 2010, President Europe, Middle East and Africa from 2007 to 2009 and Vice President, Europe Operations from 2004 to 2007. He was Senior Vice President and Chief Business Officer of Google Inc. (Google) since January 2011 until July 2014.
Arora worked as Chief Marketing Officer and as a Member of the Management Board at T-Mobile, Bharti Airtel, Europe. and serves as a Trustee at the Paley Center for Media in Los Angeles, California.
Since 2007, Arora has also served as a Senior Advisor to Silver Lake Partners, a private equity firm.
From 2001 to 2004, he served as Chief Marketing Officer of the T-Mobile International Division of Deutsche Telekom AG. He was Chief Executive Officer and Founder of T-Motion PLC, which merged with T-Mobile International in 2002.
Arora began his career at Fidelity Investments in 1992, holding a variety of finance and technology management positions, ultimately serving as Vice President, Finance of Fidelity Technologies.
Financial fraud, tax embezzlement & criminal charges
In 2006, during the Apax .fraud, Arora was placed by investors TPG and Apax on the board of WIND Hellas (formerly TIM Hellas). Under Arora's direction, €1.6 billion were embezzled from TIM Hellas by misuse of company debts, a ransack operation codenamed ‘Project Troy’ by the official liquidator. TPG and Apax were condemned in 2014 by a NY court to repay $565 million to the private investors. In 2014, the Luxembourg liquidator sued TPG and Apax for 1.3 billion corresponding to the amount not recovered from the Arora embezzlement. The Greek general prosecutor opened an investigation against TPG, Apax and all main implicated parties including Arora under art.1608/1950 of the Greek criminal code for "Crimes against the people of Greece”.
- Harner, Stephen. "SoftBank's Masayoshi Son 'Bets The Ranch' On Nikesh Arora". Forbes.
- "Management team". Google. Retrieved 18 April 2013.
- Hof, Robert. "Google Management Surprise: Longtime Sales Chief Nikesh Arora Leaves For SoftBank". Forbes.
- McCombs, Dave (22 June 2015). "SoftBank Sets Pay Record With $135 Million Pay for Arora". Bloomberg.
- Charny, Ben. "T-Mobile to cut wireless-data prices". CNET. Retrieved 2 March 2011.
- "Board of Trustees Page". Index. Paley Center for Media. Retrieved 8 October 2011.
- http://www.forbes.com/profile/nikesh-arora/. Missing or empty
- http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/people/person.asp?personId=11341911&ticker=GOOG Nikesh Arora - Executive summary
- http://www.economist.com/news/finance-and-economics/21654680-pressure-mounts-two-private-equity-giants-did-very-well-out-disastrous Another Greek Tragedy - The Economist
- http://www.chadbourne.com/files/upload/Hellas_Adversary_Complaint.pdf United States Bankruptcy Court Southern District of New York
- http://www.cnbc.com/id/102201516 Greek tragedy: Telecom focus of bloody PE fight
- http://www.financialexpress.com/article/companies/greek-co-wants-damages-from-indian-origin-investor-and-softbank-vc-nikesh-arora/95853/ Greek company wants damages from Indian-origin investor and Softbank VC Nikesh Arora
- https://medium.com/@DailyNews/nikesh-arora-vs-hellas-intervention-by-the-public-prosecutor-after-the-revelations-of-the-%CE%BD%CE%B5%CF%89%CE%BD-3c5703a1be47 Nikesh Arora VS Hellas: Intervention by the Public Prosecutor after the revelations of the “ΝΕΩΝ”
- http://www.tanea.gr/news/economy/article/5252394/o-doyreios-ippos-twn-ksenwn-funds-kai-o-indos-megistanas/ «Σχέδιο Τροία» κατά ΤΙΜ: Ο δούρειος ίππος των ξένων funds και ο ινδός μεγιστάνας
- http://www.ceelegalmatters.com/index.php/legal-analysis-white-collar-crime/item/2738-recent-developments-regarding-white-collar-crime-in-greece Recent Developments Regarding White Collar Crime in Greece