|Born||18 March 1974|
New Delhi, India
|Alma mater||University of Pennsylvania|
|Spouse(s)||Shweta Bachchan Nanda (m. 1997)|
|Relatives||See Kapoor family and Bachchan family|
Nikhil Nanda is an Indian businessman. A member of the Kapoor family and Bachchan Family, he is the Chairman and Managing Director of Escorts Limited, an engineering company founded in 1944 by his paternal grandfather, Har Prasad Nanda.
Early life and background
Nikhil Nanda was born on 18 March 1974 in New Delhi, India. His father, Rajan Nanda from Fazilka, was an industrialist and the Chairman and Managing Director of Escorts Group, while his mother, Ritu Nanda, worked as an insurance agent for Life Insurance Corporation of India. He is the maternal grandson of actor-director Raj Kapoor, and paternal grandson of industrialist Har Prasad Nanda. His great-grandfather, Prithviraj Kapoor, was an actor. He is married to Shweta Bachchan, daughter of Amitabh Bachchan. Actors Rishi Kapoor, Randhir Kapoor and Rajiv Kapoor are his maternal uncles, while actresses Neetu Singh and Babita Kapoor are his aunts by marriage. Actors Karisma Kapoor, Kareena Kapoor and Ranbir Kapoor are his first cousins.
Nanda served as Chief Operating Officer from October 2005, then as Joint Managing Director of Escorts Limited from September 2007 when he became Managing Director of Escorts Limited in September 2013. He was appointed Chairman on 7 August 2018 after the death of his father.
- Balachandran, Manu (14 August 2018). "Escorts: Lord of the field". Forbes India. Retrieved 20 August 2018.
- "About". Nikhil Nanda. 21 November 2016. Retrieved 20 August 2018.
- "After funeral, Bachchans, Kapoors express solidarity with Nanda family". Deccan Chronicle. 8 August 2018. Retrieved 20 August 2018.
- "Abhishek Bachchan, brother-in-law Nikhil Nanda immerse Rajan Nanda's ashes in Haridwar". Hindustan Times. 9 August 2018. Retrieved 20 August 2018.
- Singh, Sanghita (18 May 2002). "Nikhil Nanda: The business of life". The Times of India.
- "Nikhil Nanda appointed as chairman and MD of Escorts". livemint. 7 August 2018. Retrieved 20 August 2018.
- "Executive Profile Nikhil Nanda". Bloomberg. Retrieved 20 August 2018.
- "Nikhil Nanda appointed as Chairman and MD of Escorts". The Hindu. PTI. 8 August 2018. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 20 August 2018.CS1 maint: others (link)
- "5 Indians Among Wefs 100 Global Leaders Of Tomorrow". Business Standard. 27 January 2013. Retrieved 20 August 2018.