|Hubs||Vienna International Airport|
|Focus cities||Salzburg Airport|
|Frequent-flyer program||topbonus (from Air Berlin)|
|Company slogan||The Passenger Comes First|
|Parent company||Air Berlin|
Niki (also styled as NIKI or flyNiki, legally NIKI Luftfahrt GmbH) is an Austrian low-cost airline and a subsidiary of Air Berlin. It is headquartered in Office Park I at Vienna International Airport in Schwechat. Niki operates scheduled services to European cities and leisure destinations as well as charter services to leisure destinations from Vienna, Salzburg, Graz, Linz and Innsbruck.
Although Niki is often described as "low-cost", it provides full service, such as free refreshments, newspapers and baggage. It offers a sandwich or a cold snack, soft drinks, tea and coffee on all short-haul flights as well as on charter routes to Greece, Tunisia and Turkey. On mid-haul charter flights to the Canary Islands and Egypt all passengers are offered a warm snack. Also, gourmet menus from Demel can be ordered before the flight. There is also a buy on board service.
On 9 January 2004, Niki announced cooperation with Air Berlin. In late 2011, Niki merged completely with Air Berlin, sharing operations, booking systems and aircraft. Since 20 March 2012, Niki is an "affiliate member" of Oneworld as a subsidiary company of Air Berlin. Since late 2012, Niki successively repaints their aircraft in the Air Berlin paint scheme, using the Niki logo only at the nose. The new paint scheme will be applied during regular C checks.
In October 2014, Niki announced the cancellation of their flights from Vienna to Copenhagen, Moscow and Frankfurt due to decreasing demand. In exchange, new leisure routes will be started by summer 2015.
Niki operates scheduled and charter services to destinations to several countries in Europe - charter services are especially operated to Greece, Turkey, Egypt and Morocco - from Vienna, Salzburg, Graz, Linz and Innsbruck. The flights are also marketed by its parent Air Berlin.
As of July 2016, the fleet of Niki consists of the following aircraft:
- "Contact form." Niki. Retrieved on 25 January 2011. "NIKI Luftfahrt GmbH Office Park I, Top B03 A-1300 Wien"
- "Information about the city plan." City of Schwechat. Retrieved on 5 September 2009.
- "book cheap flights online - flyniki". flyniki.com. Retrieved 5 November 2015.
- "günstige Flüge suchen, billigste Flüge buchen - flyniki". flyniki.com. Retrieved 5 November 2015.
- "Niki: Air Berlin bestätigt Streckenstreichungen". austrianaviation.net. Retrieved 5 November 2015.
- "A319 bekommen Niki-Beklebung". austrianaviation.net. Retrieved 5 November 2015.
- "Niki Fleet Details and History". planespotters.net. Retrieved 20 July 2016.
Media related to Niki at Wikimedia Commons