|Birth name||Nicole Rene Glaser|
June 1, 1984 |
|Alma mater||University of Kansas|
|Notable works and roles||Not Safe with Nikki Glaser
Nikki & Sara Live
Nicole Rene "Nikki" Glaser (born June 1, 1984) is an American stand-up comedian, podcast host, and television host. She is the host of the television series Not Safe with Nikki Glaser, which premiered on Comedy Central and Much on February 9, 2016.
Glaser was born in Cincinnati, Ohio, the daughter of Julie E. (née Burke) and Edward J. Glaser. She has German and Irish ancestry. Glaser spent most of her childhood in St. Louis, Missouri. She graduated from Kirkwood High School, attended the University of Kansas, and graduated with a degree in English Literature.
Glaser started performing stand-up at the age of 18. Less than two years later, she was a semi-finalist on Last Comic Standing. Since then, Glaser has performed stand-up on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, Conan, and two seasons of Last Comic Standing.
Glaser co-hosted the podcast We Know Nothing with comedian Phil Hanley and roommate/musician Anya Marina. We Know Nothing is a humorous relationship-based podcast that takes calls from listeners and attempts to give them love advice. In 2015, she left the podcast after she determined that it was interfering with her personal relationships.
|2009||The Tonight Show with Jay Leno||Herself|
|Punching the Clown||Olympia|
|It's On with Alexa Chung||Herself|
|2010||I Am Comic||Herself|
|2011-2012||Red Eye||Panelist||Has appeared on two episodes|
|2012||Awkward. After Show. You're Welcome.||Host||Co-hosted with Sara Schaefer|
|2013||Nikki & Sara Live||Host/Creator||Co-hosted and co-created with Sara Schaefer|
|Totally Biased with W. Kamau Bell||Guest|
|Last Call with Carson Daly||Guest|
|Those Who Can't||Abbey Logan||An Amazon original series|
|The Half Hour||Herself||Season 2 Episode 2: Stand-up comedy set|
|Inside Amy Schumer||Amanda||Episode 3: A Porn Star Is Born|
|Women Who Kill||Herself|
|2013-||@midnight||Herself||Has appeared on eighteen episodes|
|2014||Big Morning Buzz Live||Herself|
|Adam DeVine's House Party||Herself||Season 2 Episode 7: Marriage Material|
|I Am Road Comic||Herself|
|2015||The View||Guest Co-host|
|VH1 Top 20 Countdown||Guest co-host|
|2016||The Late Late Show with James Corden||Herself|
|Not Safe with Nikki Glaser||Herself|
|Nikki Glaser's Perfect||Herself|
|I Love the 2000's: The Streets||Herself||10 episodes|
Nikki has voiced opinions on rape culture following the Brock Turner case, suggesting Aaron Persky should be a synonym for rape apologist. She said she quit drinking before 2013 and doing so made sex awkward, as she had relied upon being intoxicated to make it less awkward.
- "Nicole Rene Glaser (b. 1984)". Retrieved February 11, 2016.
- "St. Louis comic Nikki Glaser is headed for MTV late-night". St Louis Post-Dispatch. January 24, 2013.
- "The Life of the Road Warrior with Nikki Glaser". Splitsider. January 27, 2011.
- "You Had To Be There". Retrieved February 11, 2016.
- "Nikki Glaser to tape Comedy Central pilot, NSFW w/Nikki Glaser". The Laugh Button. December 2, 2014.
- "Danswers 04: Nikki Glaser". GiantBomb.com. Retrieved February 3, 2016.
- Angelo, Megan (December 28, 2012). "Friends First, Talk-Show Hosts Later". The New York Times. Retrieved December 30, 2012.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (November 22, 2013). "'Nikki & Sara Live' Canceled After Two Seasons by MTV". TV by the Numbers.
- "Nikki & Sara LIVE: Cast". MTV. Retrieved June 30, 2014.
- "Nikki Glaser is getting her own raunchy Comedy Central show". A.V Club. June 2, 2015.
- "Cast of Punching the Clown". Internet Movie Database.
- "Cast of I Am Comic". Internet Movie Database.
- "I Am Road Comic". Internet Movie Database.
- "Interview: Amy Schumer & Judd Apatow on Bringing TRAINWRECK to Life". Nerdist.com. April 29, 2015.
- Romano, Nick (25 June 2016). "Channing Tatum on Stanford rape case: 'Rape culture is a very real thing'". EW.com. Retrieved 5 July 2016.
Tatum joins the likes of Lena Dunham and Comedy Central’s Nikki Glaser, who’ve spoken out about rape culture in light of the Stanford case.
- Bacle, Ariana. "Nikki Glaser slams Stanford rape case judge on Not Safe". EW.com. Retrieved 5 July 2016.
- Coates, Tyler (22 March 2016). "Comedian Nikki Glaser on Sex, Sobriety, Flemish, and More Sex". Maxim.com. Retrieved 5 July 2016.
I didn’t realize how awkward we were with sex until I quit drinking over four years ago. We rely on alcohol to have sex so much. Everyone does. Often in my standup I ask people in the audience who has had sex with someone for the first time when they were stone-cold sober? No one can ever say that they’ve done it! It doesn’t happen! It’s because it’s so uncomfortable, and it’s such a weird thing to do. When I got sober, part of it was because I was having relationships that were based on getting drunk because I couldn’t be intimate with someone unless I was fucked up...I had to get inebriated to do it! And then I’d get into these relationships where I had to be drunk to have sex, and there was no real relationship there.