From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Nikki R. Keddie)
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Nikki R. Keddie (born August 20, 1930) is a professor of Eastern, Iranian, and women's history. She retired from the University of California, Los Angeles after 35 years of teaching. Keddie was born in Brooklyn, New York, in 1930.
- 1994 Elected a fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences
- 2001 Mentoring award of Middle East Studies Association, which also made her an honorary fellow in 2003.
- 2001 Award for scholarly distinction from the American Historical Association
- 2002 Persian History award from the Encyclopedia Iranica Foundation
- 2004 Balzan prize
Works by Nikki Keddie
- Women in the Middle East: Past and Present, Princeton University Press, 2007.
- Modern Iran: Roots and Results of Revolution, Yale University Press, 2003.
- Qajar Iran and the Rise of Reza Khan. Mazda, Costa Mesa, CA, 1999.
- Debating gender, debating sexuality. NYU Press, 1996 ISBN 978-0-8147-4655-4
- Iran and the Muslim World: Resistance and Revolution, Macmillan, London, and New York, New York University (NYU) Press, 1995
- Roots of Revolution: An Interpretive History of Modern Iran, Yale University Press, 1981.
- Iran: religion, politics, and society, Frank Cass, London, 1980
- Sayyid Jamal al-Din "al-Afghani": A Political Biography, University of California Press, Berkeley, 1972.
- An Islamic Response to Imperialism, University of California Press, 1968.
- Religion and Rebellion in Iran: The Tobacco Protest of 1891-92, Frank Cass, 1966.
- "Amazon.com: Modern Iran: Roots and Results of Revolution, Updated Edition (9780300121056): Nikki R. Keddie, Yann Richard: Books". amazon.com. Retrieved September 13, 2015.
|This biography of an American historian is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|