Nikki Snelson (born Nicole Snelson) is an American actress, who works mainly in stage musicals.
Snelson is originally from St. Louis, Missouri  and received her training at the Boston Conservatory. Snelson's first major role on Broadway came as "Winnie Tate" in the 1999 Broadway revival of Annie Get Your Gun (musical), opposite Bernadette Peters. She also appeared on Broadway in the revival of Sweet Charity in 2005, starring Christina Applegate.
In 2007, Snelson originated the role of exercise queen "Brooke Wyndam" in the world premiere of the musical Legally Blonde: The Musical in San Francisco. She is perhaps best known for the role, which she brought to Broadway at the Palace Theatre later that year. She can be heard on the cast recording of the show, and was also in the MTV Broadcast, as well as the reality casting show Legally Blonde - The Musical: The Search for Elle Woods.
In 2008, she left the company of Legally Blonde to join the National tour of A Chorus Line, as "Cassie", starting in May 2008. She was requested to audition for the role of Cassie, after she had tried out the role of Val for the Broadway revival before. She then appeared in 42nd Street at The Muny in St. Louis in June 2009, opposite Tony nominee Robert Cuccioli.
Snelson originated the role of the Mad Hatter in the world premiere of the new Frank Wildhorn musical Wonderland: Alice's New Musical Adventure. The musical had its world premiere on November 24, 2009 in previews and officially December 5, 2009 at The David A. Straz Jr. Center for the Performing Arts, Tampa, Florida, and opened at the Alley Theatre, Houston on January 15, 2010. While the plot of the show was reviewed poorly (though the production good), Snelson received great reviews for her portrayal, which featured her performing difficult choreography (by Marguerite Derricks) while singing "high energy" Wildhorn tunes. Tampa Bay Online says Snelson "gives a knock-out performance." Variety added that Snelson played the Hatter "deliciously wicked." However, before its Broadway production, the musical's creators altered the role of the Hatter drastically, including taking out the dancing, cutting out the sarcastic dialogues, as well as replacing her signature song "Nick of Time," and decided to replace Snelson. In an interview following this, Snelson said "it was a wonderful experience for me, and I will forever be heartbroken."
She took part in a reading of a new musical Sphinx Winx on March 15, 2010 in New York. The musical has music and lyrics by Kenneth Hitchner, Jr. and a book by Phillip Capice, Bob Keuch and Anne Hitchner.
- Television and Film
Snelson played herself in the movie Every Little Step and auditioned for the part of Val, but did not get the part.
She was offered a role in the CW's Valentine, but her contract with the Chorus Line national tour forbid her from leaving, as the producers threatened to sue.
- News Release "42nd Street comes to the Muny" suntimesnews.com, June 9, 2009
- Hetrick, Adam."A Chorus Line National Tour Kicks Off in Denver May 4, playbill.com, May 4, 2008
- Siegel, Marcia B."Still Doing It" thephoenix.com, September 16, 2008
- Gans, Andrew."Muny 42nd Street, with Cuccioli, Hoty, O'Bryan and Lattimore, Begins June 15," June 15, 2009
- Gans, Andrew.Reading of Wildhorn's Wonderland, with Kennedy, McCourt, Murney and Egan, Presented March 20," March 20, 2009
- Fleming, John."Casting complete for TBPAC's new 'Wonderland' show" tampabay.com, August 12, 2009
- Jones, Kenneth."Dacal is Alice in Wildhorn's Wonderland; Mason, Llana, Snelson to Go Down Rabbit Hole" playbill.com, August 11, 2009
- Hetrick, Adam and Jones, Kenneth."Wildhorn and Murphy's Wonderland Makes Houston Bow Jan. 15" Archived April 4, 2010, at the Wayback Machine. playbill.com, January 15, 2010
- Kennedy, Kelly."Encore: Tampa company creating original material for Broadway" (partial reference) mdjonline.com (Associated Press), January 18, 2011
- D'Arminio, Aubry."Wonderland First Look, Kate Shindle is Mad as a Hatter"Entertainment Weekly, January 20, 2011
- BWW News Desk."'Wonderland Streamlined for Straz Center, Then Broadway' broadwayworld.com, January 2, 2011
- Gans, Andrew."Sphinx Winx Readings, with Anderson, Bolton, Dalton, Hurlbert, Snelson, Presented March 15".Playbill, March 15, 2010