January 8, 1995|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (183 cm)|
|Weight||181 lb (82 kg; 12 st 13 lb)|
68th overall, 2013|
Niklas Hansson (born January 8, 1995) is a Swedish professional ice hockey defenceman. He is currently playing with Rögle BK of the Swedish Hockey League (SHL). He was selected by the Dallas Stars in the 3rd round (68th overall) of the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.
At the conclusion of his first season with HV71 in 2015–16, Hansson agreed to a three-year, entry-level contract with his draft club, the Dallas Stars, on March 26, 2016. He immediately joined AHL affiliate, the Texas Stars, on an amateur try-out for the final stretch of their regular season and first round defeat in the post-season.
In the 2016–17 season, Hansson was loaned back to HV71 to continue his development. He contributed as a depth player to HV71's blueline, helping the club claim their fifth Championship in franchise history.
At the conclusion of his entry-level contract with the Dallas Stars following the 2018–19 season, having spent the entirety of his North American career in the AHL with affiliate, the Texas Stars, Hansson opted to return to his original hometown club, Rögle BK of the SHL. He signed a two-year contract on April 24, 2019.
Awards and honors
|Le Mat Trophy (HV71)||2017|||
- "2012-13 Rögle BK player statistics". Eliteprospects.com. May 6, 2014. Retrieved May 6, 2014.
- "Dallas Stars sign Niklas Hansson to entry-level contract". Dallas Stars. March 26, 2016. Retrieved March 26, 2016.
- "Hansson returns to Rogle from AHL" (in Swedish). Rögle BK. April 24, 2019. Retrieved April 24, 2019.
- "HV71 wins championship". aftonbladet.se (in Swedish). April 30, 2017. Retrieved April 30, 2017.
- Biographical information and career statistics from Eliteprospects.com, or The Internet Hockey Database
|This biographical article relating to a Swedish ice hockey player is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|