This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Birth name||Bo Anders Niklas Strömstedt|
25 July 1958|
|Occupation(s)||Singer / Songwriter|
|Associated acts||GES, Orup, Anders Glenmark|
Strömstedt was born in Lund to Bo Strömstedt (1929-2016), a former editor in chief at Expressen, and Margareta Strömstedt, author, journalist and translator. As a student he attended the Adolf Fredrik's Music School in Stockholm.
Played the keyboard on Ulf Lundell's recordings and tours from the end of the '70s to the end of the '80s.
Strömstedt's most recognized hit as a solo artist is the song "Om", reaching number one on the Swedish chart and Svensktoppen 1990. He also had success with the album Halvvägs till framtiden released in 1992 with the hits "Oslagbara" and "Bilderna av dej". In 1994 he formed the music group GES with Orup and Anders Glenmark.
Strömstedt wrote and composed "I morgon är en annan dag" for Melodifestivalen 1992 and won. The song was performed by Christer Björkman. In Melodifestivalen 2008 he participated himself as a wildcard in the fourth heat in Karlskrona. He finished last.
- He wrote the title song for the TV-series Nya tider on TV 4 1999-2003.
- He wrote the Swedish lyrics for the musical Mamma Mia!.
- 1981 - Skjut inte... det är bara jag!
- 1983 - Andra äventyr
- 1989 - En gång i livet
- 1990 - Tårar i regn (samling)
- 1990 - Om!
- 1992 - Halvvägs till framtiden
- 1997 - Långt liv i lycka
- 1999 - Oslagbara 1989-1999 (samling)
- 2001 - Du blir du jag blir jag
- 2008 - Två vägar"
- Erik Helmerson (9 December 2010). ""Stjärnorna" utan bråk". Folkbladet (Swedish daily newspaper). Retrieved 2014-12-06.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Niklas Strömstedt.|
- Niklas Strömstedt, official site
- Niklas Strömstedt in Swedish charts
- Niklas Strömstedt's Facebook group
|This Swedish musical biography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|