Lukashenko in 2019
|Born||31 August 2004|
|Relatives||Viktor Lukashenko (half-brother)|
Dmitry Lukashenko (half-brother)
Nikolai Aleksandrovich Lukashenko (Belarusian: Мікала́й Алякса́ндравіч Лукашэ́нка, Russian: Никола́й Алекса́ндрович Лукаше́нко; born 31 August 2004) is the third son of Alexander Lukashenko, the president of Belarus.
Early life and education
There has been no official commentary regarding the identity of Nikolai's mother. However, according to a wide-spread version, his mother is Irina Abelskaya, a former personal physician of Alexander Lukashenko. Alexander Lukashenko remains formally married to his wife Galina Lukashenko, although the couple are believed to be separated. In 2011, Nikolai Lukashenko entered Ostroshitsko-Gorodok Secondary School. In 2020, he entered Belarusian State University Lyceum. Later in August 2020, Nikolai Lukashenko was reported to have withdrawn from the Lyceum, being transferred to a gymnasium in Moscow State University.
Lukashenko appeared in public for the first time in 2008. He has attracted significant media attention as his father, President Alexander Lukashenko, has frequently taken him to official ceremonies and state visits, including meetings with Venezuelan president Hugo Chávez, Russia's president Dmitry Medvedev, Pope Benedict XVI, and US president Barack Obama. According to his father, Nikolai was so close to Alexander that he had to follow Alexander to these meeting but it has been speculated that Nikolai was being groomed to be president after Alexander. In 2013, Kolya has attracted further media attention as Alexander Lukashenko stated that he would become a President of Belarus, causing numerous speculations in the press. In 2015, Lukashenko, at the age of 10, took part in a session of the United Nations General Assembly. In June 2020, he and his father attended the Moscow Victory Day Parade on Red Square.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nikolai Lukashenko.|
- Spasyuk, Elena (31 August 2017) День рождения Николая Лукашенко. Что мы знаем о сыне президента, принце Беларуси также он носит титул «КрашВсеяРуси». naviny.by
- Младшему сыну президента — 15 лет. Как Николай Лукашенко становится самостоятельной медиаперсоной. news.tut.by. 31 August 2017
- Quinn, Rob. "Europe's 'last dictator' Lukashenko has 'Mini Me' in young son". USA TODAY. Retrieved 25 September 2020.
- Parfitt, Tom (5 April 2009). "Belarus squirms as son accompanies dictator to meetings". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 25 September 2020.
- Николай Лукашенко поступил в Лицей БГУ. Здесь также будет учиться внучка президента Беларуси, tut.by, 30.06.2020.
- "Источник: Николай Лукашенко не будет учиться в Лицее БГУ, он забрал документы". TUT.BY (in Russian). 31 August 2020. Retrieved 2 September 2020.
- "Why does Belarus President Lukashenko take son Kolya to work?". BBC News. 1 October 2015. Retrieved 25 September 2020.
- Shadmy, Daniel. "Meet Kolya Lukashenko, A Nine-Year-Old Dictator In Training". worldcrunch.com. Retrieved 25 September 2020.
- Николай Лукашенко — сын президента Белоруссии, друг Владимира Путина и талантливый музыкант