Nikolai Nikolaevich Yanenko
|Born||22 May 1921|
|Died||16 January 1984(aged 62)|
|Alma mater||Lomonosov Moscow State University|
|Doctoral advisor||Petr Rashevskii|
Nikolai Nikolaevich Yanenko (Russian: Николай Николаевич Яненко) (22 May 1921 – 16 January 1984) was a Soviet mathematician and academician. He was known for his contributions to computational mathematics and fluid mechanics. He served as Director of the Institute of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics of the Siberian Division of the USSR Academy of Sciences.
Education and research
Yanenko received his Ph.D. degree from Lomonosov Moscow State University in 1954 under the supervision of Petr Rashevskii. The topic of his doctoral thesis was a problem in multidimensional differential geometry. His scientific interests span several areas of fundamental research, including gas dynamics, the theory of difference schemes, and computational fluid dynamics.
In recognition of Yanenko's scientific contributions the International Conference on "Mathematical Models and Numerical Methods of Continuum Mechanics" was held on May 26, 1996 at the Novosibirsk Scientific Center, Novosibirsk.
- "N.N.Yanenko (1921-1984) Memorial Library". Retrieved 25 February 2010.
- Ernst Heinrich Hirschel, Egon Krause, ed. (2009). 100 Volumes 'Notes on Numerical Fluid Mechanics' and 40 Years Numerical Fluid Mechanics (3 ed.). Springer Verlag. p. 503. ISBN 3-540-70804-9.
- G. I. Marchuk, M. K. Fage, B. G. Kuznetsov, A. N. Konovalov and Yu. I. Shokin (November 1971). "On the occasion of the fiftieth birthday of Academician Nikolai Nikolaevich Yanenko". Siberian Mathematical Journal. Springer. 12 (6): 1179–1180.CS1 maint: uses authors parameter (link)
- "Academician N. N. YANENKO". Institute of Computational Technologies SD RAS, Novosibirsk. Retrieved 28 February 2010.
- "Yanenko memorial conference". Retrieved 28 February 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nikolai Nikolaevich Yanenko.|
- Nikolai Nikolaevich Yanenko at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- V.G. Dulov, S.P. Novikov, L.V. Ovsyannikov, B.L. Rozhdestvenskii, A.A. Samarskii and Yu. I. Shokin (1984). "Nikolai Nikolaevich Yanenko (obituary)". Russian Mathematical Surveys. IOP Publishing. 39: 99–110. doi:10.1070/rm1984v039n04abeh004066.CS1 maint: uses authors parameter (link)
- N.N. Yanenko's portraits
|This article about a Russian mathematician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|