Nikolaus von Maillot de la Treille
Maillot de la Treille was born in Jülich. He joined the cadets corps of the Bavarian army in 1776, and took part in the campaigns during 1800 and 1815. During the war, his son August was born in 1803. In 1813 he became major general and brigadier, and was Bavarian military representative of the German Confederation after 1819. Forced by field-marshal Karl Philipp von Wrede and Crown Prince Ludwig, he became minister of state for the army (Staatsminister der Armee) on September 30, 1822 and was advanced to the rank of lieutenant general in 1824. In 1926 the ministerial post was renamed as "war minister". Maillot de la Treille retired in 1829 and died in Munich, where he was buried in the Old Southern Cemetery.
References and notes
- Regarding personal names: Freiherr is a former title (translated as Baron), which is now legally a part of the last name. The feminine forms are Freifrau and Freiin.
- since 1790 von, since 1830 Freiherr
- Maillot de la Treille, Pierer's Universal-Lexikon.
- until 1823 on temporary duty
- ADB:Metivier, Johann Baptist (de)
Johann Nepomuk Graf von Triva
|Ministers of War (Bavaria)
Georg von Weinrich