Николай Николаевич Сторонский
|Born||21 July 1984|
|Alma mater||Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology|
New Economic School
|Occupation||Chief Executive Officer|
|Net worth||$510 million|
His father Nikolay Mironovich Storonsky (Russian Николай Миронович Сторонский; b. 19 July 1963) is Deputy General Director of Science for Gazprom Promgaz since 2017, and First Deputy General Director for Science Gazprom Promgaz OAO.
He studied for a master's degree in physics at Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology, and during this time became a state champion swimmer. He completed a separate masters in economics at New Economic School in Moscow. Prior to founding Revolut, Storonsky was a trader at Credit Suisse and Lehman Brothers,. Alongside Vlad Yatsenko, former Credit Suisse and Deutsche Bank developer, Storonsky set up Revolut and raised around $3.5 million, saying in an interview with Forbes:
I thought of the business three years ago. I was travelling a lot and wasting hundreds of pounds on foreign transaction fees and exchange rate commissions which just didn’t feel right. As someone with a financial background I knew exactly the rates I should be getting. As a solution, I tried to find a multi-currency card and was later told it wasn’t possible. But I was determined to make it work.
- "Nikolay STORONSKY". Companies House. Retrieved 16 May 2018.
- Nicolle, Emily (2019-02-21). "Revolut pushes ministers for fast-track tech visas". www.cityam.com. Retrieved 2019-04-29.
- Smith, Edwin (2018-04-10). "Revolut boss Nikolay Storonsky: 'I've never seen a big bank do something cool – if they did, we wouldn't exist'". The Telegraph. ISSN 0307-1235. Retrieved 2019-04-29.
- "How Nikolay Storonsky Took Revolut From 350m to 1.7b Valuation In Just Six Months". Forbes. Retrieved February 6, 2019.
- Burroughs, Callum. "UK fintech unicorn Revolut forced to deny links to Russia". Business Insider. Retrieved 2019-04-29.
- Kadhim Shubber (2018-02-18). "Revolut's Nikolay Storonsky on long hours and high staff turnover". Financial Times. Retrieved 2018-03-13.
- Oscar Williams-Grut (2017-10-13). "Our culture is 'about getting s**t done': The Revolut founder on why his people work 12-13 hours a day". Business Insider. Retrieved 2018-03-13.
- BNS. "LRT: отец главы Revolut Сторонского работает в "Газпроме"". DELFI. Retrieved 2019-03-27.
- Nikolay Mironovich Storonsky (Bloomberg info)
- "Revolut's Nikolay Storonsky on long hours and high staff turnover". Financial Times. Retrieved 16 May 2018.
- "Revolut Deck". SlideShare. 2015-01-14. Retrieved 2016-09-11.
- Salter, Philip. "London Fintech Entrepreneur Talking About A Revolution". Forbes.
|This biographical article about someone involved with the Internet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This business-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|