Nikolsburg (Hasidic dynasty)
There currently exist three distinct Hasidic communities named Nikolsburg:
- Nikolsburg of Monsey, based in Monsey, New York, led by its Rebbe, Rabbi Yosef Yechiel Mechel Lebovits of Monsey, New York, a descendant of Rebbe Shmelke of Nikolsburg, for whom the dynasty and associated Hasidic community are named,
- Nikolsburg of Borough Park and Woodbourne, led by Rabbi Mordechai Zev Jungreis of the B'nai Israel Synagogue in Woodbourne, New York, a scion of Rabbi Mordecai Benet of Nikolsburg.
- Lelov-Nikolsburg, led by Rabbi Pinchas Yitzchak Biderman of Jerusalem, a branch of the Lelov Hasidic dynasty.
The largest of these is that of Monsey.
The term Nikolsburger Rebbe can refer either to the historic Rebbe Shmelke of Nikolsburg, or to the leader of any of the three current Nikolsburg dynasties above.
Institutions of Nikolsburg in Monsey
- A full description of the dynasty, community and institutions of Nikolsburg-Monsey can be found here Nikolsburg Website
- The current Rebbe singing one of his compositions at a tish in London
- The Rebbe celebrating Lag BaOmer
- Various video clips.
|This Hasidic Judaism article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|