|Type||Digital single-lens reflex|
|Lens||Interchangeable, Nikon F-mount|
|Sensor||23.5 mm × 15.6 mm Nikon DX format CMOS sensor|
|Maximum resolution||6000 × 4000 pixels|
|ASA/ISO range||100–25,600 in 1/3 EV steps|
|Storage||Secure Digital, SDHC and SDXC compatible, UHS-I bus|
|Focus areas||11-area AF system|
|Exposure metering||TTL 3D Color Matrix Metering II metering with a 420 pixel RGB sensor|
|Flash||Built in Pop-up|
|Shutter speed range||30 s to 1/4000 s in 1/2 or 1/3 stops and Bulb, 1/200 s X-sync|
|Continuous shooting||5 frame/s|
|Viewfinder||Optical 0.85x, 95% Pentamirror|
|Custom WB||Auto, incandescent, fluorescent (7 types), direct sunlight, flash, cloudy, shade, preset manual, all except preset manual with fine-tuning|
|Battery||Nikon EN-EL14a rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery|
|Weight||395 g (0.871 lb) without battery, memory card or body cap|
|Released||12 September 2016|
|Announced 17 August 2016|
The Nikon D3400 is a 24.2-megapixel DX format DSLR Nikon F-mount camera officially launched by Nikon on August 17, 2016. It is marketed as an entry-level DSLR camera for beginners and experienced DSLR hobbyists. It replaces the D3300 as Nikon's entry level DSLR.
Nikon offers a body/lens kit combinations that varies from country to country. In most countries the D3400 is available with an AF-P 18-55 mm kit lens that includes Nikon's image stabilization (Vibration Reduction, VR). In the US there is an unusual two lens kit option offered only with the black body. The 18-55 mm lens has VR but the second lens being a 70-300 mm is the non-VR variant for a total of US$999.
The D3400 is available in a black or red body.
The D3400 was superseded as Nikon's entry-level camera by the D3500 in August 2018.
Changes from D3300
This section does not cite any sources. (January 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Added Nikon Snapbridge support via Bluetooth Low Energy, replaced Wi-fi (note remote control not supported) (GPS geo-tagging added)
- Increased maximum ISO to 25600
- Weaker flash
- Longer battery life
- infrared receiver repositioned
- Removed 3.5 mm microphone port
- Removed composite video output
- Removed ultrasonic sensor cleaner
- Removed effects Color Sketch, HDR Painting and Easy Panorama
- Removed intervalometer port MC-DC2.
- 0.5 oz lighter
- "Nikon | News | Digital SLR Camera D3400". nikon.com. Retrieved 2016-08-18.
- "Nikon D3400 DSLR Camera".
- Nikon D3400 Launches for Entry-Level Photographers Pcmag
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Taken with Nikon D3400.|