This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Nikon F55 with a 50mm f/1.8D
|Lens||interchangeable lens, Nikon F-mount|
|Compatible lenses||Nikon F-mount lenses with some exceptions|
|Film size||36mm x 24mm|
|Film rewind||Auto, partial roll rewind possible|
|Exposure modes||Shutter Priority, Aperture Priority, Metered Manual, 7 subject specific Program modes|
|Exposure metering||5 segment matrix with G or D-type lenses; Matrix with other AF and AI-P; Heavily center-weighted partial-aria metering selected in Manual|
|Flash||Pop-up TTL, Hot Shoe (non-TTL only)|
|Flash synchronization||1/90s maximum|
|Compatible flashes||Dedicated Nikon hot shoe mounted flashes; other non-dedicated hot shoe flashes; non-hot shoe flashes with adapter|
|Shutter speed range||30s – 1/2000s|
|Continuous shooting||1.5 frame/s in Sports Program mode|
|Viewfinder||Fixed eye-level penta-mirror|
|Battery||Two (2) 3V CR2 lithium batteries|
|Dimensions||129 x 92 x 65mm (F55/N55) 129 x 92 x 67.5mm (F55D/N55D)|
|Weight||350g (F55/N55) 360g (F55D/N55D)|
The F55 (or N55 as it is known in the U.S.) is a 35mm film SLR autofocus camera introduced by Nikon in 2002. It was targeted at a new and lower price-point than the F65 (previously Nikon's cheapest autofocus SLR). The F65 continued to be sold alongside the F55. The camera is made in Thailand.
It is unique among recent Nikon autofocus SLRs in that it does not support autofocus on Nikon lenses with "AF-S" silent wave motor focussing, or the "VR" optical stabilisation features found on some lenses.
Included with the F55D variant is a date/time-imprinting facility, ("Data imprinting,") but at the cost of a slightly larger camera body.
- "F55 – Invitation to Excellence". Nikon Corporation. Archived from the original on 2006-07-06. Retrieved 2006-09-29.
- "Nikon N55 - Affordable Entry Level Model with High Tech Capabilities" - Shutterbug.com Review. Article retrieved 2013-06-05
- "Nikon | Imaging Products | Specifications - Nikon F55" - Official Specifications. Article retrieved 2013-06-05
- "Nikon | Imaging Products | Nikon F55" - Key Features. Article retrieved 2013-06-05
Media related to Nikon F55 at Wikimedia Commons
- Nikon.com – Information on the F55 - includes specifications
See also: Nikon DSLR cameras
|This camera-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|