The villages of Nil-Saint-Vincent and Nil-Saint-Martin were merged in 1812. 'Nil' is the name of a small river, along whose valley the various areas of settlement (Nil-Pierreux, Nil-Saint-Vincent, Nil-Saint-Martin) lie.
Nil-Saint-Vincent-Saint-Martin has several notable landmarks.
The Tiège windmill
The Tiège windmill was built in 1834 by the Thienpont family. It was used until June 23, 1946 and today is a listed building (monument classé).
The centre of Belgium
The Institut Géographique National, the Belgian national cartographical service, calculated that the geographical centre of Belgium lay in Nil-Saint-Vincent. The architect Bernard Defrenne built a monument for this location, which was inaugurated on August 22, 1998. It is located at coordinates .
- "Belgian Civic Heraldry - Walhain". Retrieved 2007-03-09.
- "Histoire de Nil-Saint-Vincent" (in French). Municipality of Walhain. Archived from the original on 2007-03-19. Retrieved 2007-03-09.
- Sign seen next to the windmill (See Moulin Du Tiège sign photo)
- "Centre géographique - Le Site" (in French). Municipality of Walhain. Archived from the original on 2007-05-14. Retrieved 2007-03-09.
- "Center Cache". Retrieved 2007-03-09.
- Media related to Nil-Saint-Vincent-Saint-Martin at Wikimedia Commons