Parvarrish – Kuchh Khattee Kuchh Meethi
|Parvarrish - Kuchh Khattee Kuchh Meethi|
|Also known as||'Parvarrish'|
|Genre||Indian soap opera
|Created by||DJ's Creative Unit|
|Written by||Bijesh Jayrajan, Dilip Jha, Archita Biswas Jha and S. Manasvi|
|Directed by||Imtiaz Punjabi|
|Creative director(s)||Sonalika Bhonsle|
|Starring||For cast see below|
|Opening theme||Shaan and Shankar Mahadevan|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||388|
|Producer(s)||Deeya Singh, Tony Singh|
|Location(s)||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Cinematography||Mahesh R. Gupta|
|Running time||Approx. 23 minutes|
|Production company(s)||DJ's Creative Unit|
|Original network||Sony Entertainment Television India and Sony Entertainment Television Asia|
|Picture format||720i (SDTV)|
|Original release||21 November 2011 – 14 August 2013|
Parvarrish – Kuchh Khattee Kuchh Meethi / Nayi Umar Nayi Chunauti - Parvarrish Agla Padav (English: Upbringing - Some Sour Some Sweet / New Age New Hurdles - Upbringing Next Level), abbreviated as Parvarrish or Parvarish, is an Indian soap opera that aired on Sony Entertainment Television India and Sony Entertainment Television Asia. The show premiered on 21 November 2011 and ended on 14 August 2013. This serial is about families raising kids. The story focuses on the lives, morals, and rituals of the families. It stars Shweta Tiwari, Rupali Ganguly, Vivek Mushran and Vishal Singh in lead roles.
In May 2015, it was announced that the show would return with a sequel. In September 2015, it was announced that actors like Sangita Ghosh, Sandeep Baswana, Vinay Jain and Gautami Kapoor would star in the sequel. The sequel began from 23 November 2015.
Parvarrish primarily revolves around two families who are relatives: the Ahluwalias and the Ahujas. It focuses on the troubles they go through in bringing up their children and the lessons they learn from these experiences.
Sweety Ahluwalia (Shweta Tiwari) is very strict with her children, Rocky and Ginny (Tapasvi Mehta, Aashika Bhatia), to the point where they get frustrated with her and secretly rebel. Although she constantly scolds them and complains about their studies, she considers them her life. With her supportive husband Lakvir Singh (Vivek Mushran), she tries to provide them with the best she can.
On the other hand, Sweety's younger sister, Pinky Ahuja (Rupali Ganguly/Barkha Bisht Sengupta), wants to take care of her children, Raavi, Raashi and Sunny (Aanchal Munjal Sparsh Khanchandani Rakshit Wahi) by being friends with them. However, her overreacting nature often suffocates her kids and creates problems in the relationship she shares with them. She often finds a supportive friend in her caring and loving husband Jeet (Vishal Singh).
- Ahluwalia Family
- Shweta Tiwari as Sweety Kaur Ahluwalia
- Vivek Mushran as Lakvinder Singh Ahluwalia
- Tapasvi Mehta as Rocky Singh Ahluwalia
- Aashika Bhatia as Ginni Kaur Ahluwalia
- Ahuja Family
- Rajesh Puri as Rajesh Singh Khanna
- Vivek Madan as Lovely Singh Rajesh Singh Khanna
- Namrata Ramsay as Dolly Kaur Lovely Singh Khanna
- Gaurav Nanda as Amit Kapoor
- Abhishek Bajaj as Nithin Mehta
- Raju Kher as Senior Mr. Ahluwalia
- Raanveer Chahal as Vicky
- Samara as Aishwarya
- Ayaz Ahmed as Aarav
- Param Singh as Yudi Bhagat
- Kamya Punjabi as Mandira Bharat Sharma
- Aashish Kaul as Bharat Sharma
- Prashant Ranyal as Siddarth Mathur
- Vaishnavi Dhanraj as Meera Siddart Mathur
- Kishwar Merchant as Parminder (Pam) Ahuja's Neighbor
- Aman Verma as Advocate Raghav Jaitley (RJ)
- Ravi Dubey
- Mahip Marwah
- Anoop Gautam as Football Coach
Awards and nominations
- "Parvarrish – Kuchh Khatti Kuchh Meethi: about the show". Sony Entertainment TV. MULTI SCREEN MEDIA PVT. LTD. Retrieved 22 July 2012.
- "Parvarrish - Kuchh Khatti Kuchh Meethi, Cast and Characters". Sony Entertainment TV. MULTI SCREEN MEDIA PVT. LTD. Retrieved 22 July 2012.
- "CHILD ARTISTE (FEMALE)". The 11th Indian Telly Awards. Indiantelevision.com. Retrieved 22 July 2012.