Nildottie, South Australia
|Population||189 (2016 census)|
|Established||27 March 2003|
|Time zone||ACST (UTC+9:30)|
|• Summer (DST)||ACDT (UTC+10:30)|
|LGA(s)||Mid Murray Council|
|Region||Murray and Mallee|
Nildottie is a locality in the Australian state of South Australia located on the east side of the Murray River about 99 kilometres (62 mi) east of the state capital of Adelaide and about 40 kilometres (25 mi) north-east of the municipal seat in Mannum.
Nildottie’s boundaries were created on 27 March 2003 for the “long established name” and include the sites of the Kroehns Landing Shack Site and Scrubby Flat Shack Site. On 22 December 2011, Nildottie was enlarged by the addition of land on its northern side after the locality of Greenways Landing was abolished following a request from residents and local government.
The name is derived from the Aboriginal word 'ngurltartang', which means 'smoke signal hill'.
Notes and references
- "Search results for 'Nildottie, LOCB' with the following datasets selected - 'Suburbs and localities', 'Counties', 'Hundreds', 'Local Government Areas', 'SA Government Regions' and 'Gazetteer'". Location SA Map Viewer. South Australian Government. Retrieved 16 January 2019.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Nildottie (State Suburb)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 19 December 2018.
- Weatherill, Jay (27 March 2003). "GEOGRAPHICAL NAMES ACT 1991 Notice to Assign Names and Boundaries to Places (in the Mid-Murray Council)" (PDF). The South Australian Government Gazette. Government of South Australia. p. 1184. Retrieved 16 January 2019.
- "Postcode for Nildottie, South Australia". Postcodes Australia. Retrieved 16 January 2019.
- "Electoral district of Chaffey". Electoral Commission SA. Retrieved 27 March 2018.
- "Electoral division of Barker" (PDF). Australian Electoral Commission. Retrieved 27 March 2018.
- "Monthly climate statistics: Summary (climate) statistics KAROONDA (nearest weather station)". Commonwealth of Australia, Bureau of Meteorology. Retrieved 16 January 2019.
- Kentish, Peter McLaren (22 December 2011). "GEOGRAPHICAL NAMES ACT 1991 Notice to Discontinue the Name and Boundary of a Place and to Alter the Boundary of Place" (PDF). The South Australian Government Gazette. Government of South Australia. p. 5112. Retrieved 16 January 2019.