Altibox Norway Chess 2016
June 3, 1993 |
|FIDE rating||2655 (June 2017)|
|Peak rating||2665 (May 2017)|
In 2008, Grandelius tied for second place, placing fourth on countback, in the Under-16 European Youth Championship. In the same year, he took clear first place in the Olomouc Open in Czech Republic with a score of 6.5 points out of 9 games; thanks to this result, he also achieved his first GM norm. In the following year's edition, he placed equal first with the same score, placing second on tiebreak, and gained the second GM norm. He achieved the GM title by earning the third and final norm in the 40th Bosna International Tournament in Sarajevo, in which he finished fifteenth, the first among juniors.
In May 2012, he placed third in the 20th Sigeman & Co Chess Tournament in Malmö, behind the winner Fabiano Caruana and the runner-up Peter Leko. Later that year, in August 2012, he placed equal third (fourth on tiebreak) in the World Junior Championship in Athens.
In March 2016, Grandelius won a four-player tournament for the last place in the Norway Chess 2016 field, against the norwegian grandmasters Jon Ludvig Hammer and Aryan Tari, and the Women's World Champion GM Hou Yifan. It was a double round robin with the first leg being standard time control and scored 3-1-0 and the second leg scored 2-1-0 with rapid time control (25+10). This will be his first appearance at a major chess event.
- IM title application
- European Youth Chess Championship 2008 - Boys U16 Chess-Results
- Olomoucke sachove leto 2008 Chess-Results
- Olomouc Chess Summer 2009 Chess-Results
- GM title application FIDE
- 40th International Tournament Bosna 2010 Chess-Results
- World Youth Chess Championships 2010 Open Under 18 Chess-Results
- European Youth Chess Championship Albena 2011 - Boys Under 18 Chess-Results
- "Sigeman: Caruana wins Sigeman with 2852 performance". ChessBase. 16 May 2012. Retrieved 3 September 2015.
- World Junior Chess Championship 2012 Boys Chess-Results
- "GM Nils Grandelius is 2015 Swedish champion". Chessdom. 19 July 2015. Retrieved 3 September 2015.
- Doggers, Peter (31 August 2015). "Grandelius wins Abu Dhabi Masters on tiebreak". chess.com. Retrieved 3 September 2015.
- 22nd Abu Dhabi Int. Chess Festival Masters Tournament: final standings Chess-Results
- "Grandelius gains entry to Norway Chess". Chess News. 2016-03-31. Retrieved 2016-03-31.
- "Interview with Evgenij Agrest". Chessdom. 31 August 2015.
- Nils Grandelius games at 365Chess.com
- Nils Grandelius player profile and games at Chessgames.com
- Nils Grandelius player profile at the Internet Chess Club
|This biographical article relating to a Swedish chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|