|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The main ancestral city of the Nimbalkar is Phaltan, though they are also found in other regions Marathas inhabit. The clan is linked to other clans prominent in Maratha history: Emperor Shivaji's first wife Saibai was from the Nimbalkar dynasty. Deepaabai, the paternal grandmother of Shivaji) was from the Nimbalkar family.
- Shivaram Shankar Apte (1965). Samarth Ramdas, life & mission. Vora. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- Kulkarni, G.T. (1992). "DECCAN (MAHARASHTRA) UNDER THE MUSLIM RULERS FROM KHALJIS TO SHIVAJI : A STUDY IN INTERACTION,PROFESSOR S.M KATRE Felicitation". Bulletin of the Deccan College Research Institute. 51/52,: 501–510. JSTOR 42930434.
- Eaton, Richard M. (2005). The New Cambridge History of India: The Social History of Decca. 1. Cambridge University Press. p. 188. ISBN 9780521254847.
- The golden book of India: a genealogical and biographical dictionary. Sir Roper Lethbridge
- V. D. Katamble (2003). Shivaji the great. Balwant Printers Pvt. Ltd. pp. 50–. ISBN 978-81-902000-0-4. Retrieved 29 June 2011.