|Traded as||NYSE: NMBL|
|Industry||Information technology, data storage, solid state drives|
|Headquarters||San Jose, California, USA|
|Varun Mehta, co-founder
Umesh Maheshwari, co-founder and CTO
Suresh Vasudevan, CEO
AF-Series Predictive All Flash arrays: AF3000, AF5000, AF7000, AF9000CS-Series Adaptive Flash arrays: CS200, CS300, CS500, CS700
Number of employees
Nimble Storage is a predictive flash storage solutions company based in San Jose, California founded in early 2008. It produces hardware and software products for data storage, specifically data storage arrays that use the iSCSI and Fibre Channel protocols and includes data backup and data protection features.
The company received a total of $98 million in venture capital funding in 5 rounds from a total of 7 investors. A third round of $16 million was announced in December 2010 from existing investors Accel Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners and Sequoia Capital. In September 2012, Nimble Storage secured $40.7 million from original backers as well as new investors Artis Capital Management and GGV Capital.
Varun Mehta was chief executive until March 2011, when he became vice president of engineering and Suresh Vasudevan became CEO. Umesh Maheshwari became chief technology officer.
In June 2014, Nimble Storage announced the CS700 Series Arrays and an All-Flash Shelf, as well as its Adaptive Flash technology.
In August 2014, Nimble Storage completed an overhaul of their CS-Series, and added the CS300 and CS500 to their line-up.
In November 2014, Nimble Storage released arrays supporting the Fibre Channel protocol.
In July 2015, Nimble Storage announced updates to the Adaptive Flash platform, including Nimble SmartSecure (software-based encryption), all-flash service levels, the addition of REST APIs, InfoSight-VMVision per-VM monitoring, and integrated data protection.
In August 2015, Nimble Storage announces the completion of Federal Information Processing Standard 140-2 Certification from the National Institute of Standards and Technology for the Adaptive Flash platform.
In November, 2015, Nimble Storage was ranked No. 6 on Deloitte's Technology Fast 500, a ranking of the 500 fastest growing technology, media, telecommunications, life sciences, and energy tech companies in North America.
In December 2015, Nimble Storage announced an expanded SmartStack Integrated Infrastructure Solution portfolio with Cisco.
On February 23, 2016, Nimble Storage unveiled the Predictive All Flash Array series, combining fast flash performance with InfoSight Predictive Analytics to deliver data velocity.
- Mearian, Lucas (July 16, 2010). "Nimble's all-in-one storage combines primary and backup in one box". Computerworld. Retrieved January 2011.
- "Nimble Storage CrunchBase". CrunchBase. CrunchBase Inc. Retrieved January 2016.
- "Nimble Storage Closes $16 Million in Over-Subscribed Series C Round of Funding". Press release. December 8, 2010.
- Joseph F. Kovar (September 10, 2012). "Nimble Storage Closes $40.7M Funding Round, Plots IPO". Computer Reseller News. Retrieved November 3, 2013.
- Christina Farr (September 10, 2012). "Nimble storage pulls in $40M as it readies for global expansion and an IPO". Venture Beat. Retrieved November 3, 2013.
- "Registration Statement". Form S-1. US Securities and Exchange Commission. October 18, 2013. Retrieved November 3, 2013.
- Eric Blattberg (October 18, 2013). "Data storage company Nimble Storage files for $150M IPO". Venture Beat. Retrieved November 3, 2013.
- Withers, Stephen (12 June 2014). "Nimble goes big with CS700 adaptive flash array". ITWire. Retrieved March 10, 2016.
- Armstrong, Adam (July 17, 2015). "Nimble Updates Adaptive Flash Platform With Several New Benefits". Storage Review. Storage Review, Inc. Retrieved January 2016.
- "Nimble Storage OpenSSL FIPS Object Module" (PDF). OpenSSL Software Foundation. June 2015. Retrieved January 2016.
- "Deloitte's 2015 Technology Fast 500 Ranking" (PDF). Deloitte. November 2015. Retrieved January 2016.
- "Cisco SmartStack Solution". Cisco. December 2015. Retrieved January 2016.
- "Nimble Storage Leapfrogs Competition Unveils Predictive All Flash Arrays". Yahoo Finance. Retrieved 2016-02-23.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nimble Storage.|