|Genre||Indian soap opera|
|Created by||Zama Habib|
|Written by||Zama Habib|
|Directed by||Rakesh Kumar, Inder Das|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of episodes||502 as of 19 April 2019|
|Producer(s)||Zama Habib Ishrat Ara|
|Production location(s)||Madhubani, Bihar|
|Camera setup||Multi Camera|
|Running time||20-22 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Qissago Telefilms LLP|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV) |
|Original release||28 August 2017 –|
Nimki Mukhiya is an Indian television serial that airs on Star Bharat. Bhumika Gurung, Indraneil Sengupta, Abhishek Sharma, Shriya Jha and Priyanshu Singh play leads in the serial. The show's main theme is women empowerment and shows how a girl becomes the Mukhiya[clarification needed] of her village.
The story, set in the backdrop of a small village in Madhubani, Bihar, deals with the life of a carefree, materialistic, narcissist girl named Nimki who accidentally becomes the Mukhiya (chief) of the village. Nimki is mad about cinema, she is a dreamer and unaware of the darkness of the world. Nimki loves Babbu and she believes that Babbu loves her too.
After becoming chief of the village, Nimki is married to Babbu Singh, son of Tetar Singh, former chief of the village. Tetar's intention to make Nimki his daughter-in-law is to fulfill his political ambitions but no one in Babbu's family accepts Nimki They kept her in a maid's room. But Nimki believed that Tetar's family will love her one day.
After many incidents Sweety became like a friend to her. Meanwhile Sweety falls in love with BDO Abhimanyu Rai. But Abhimanyu loved Nimki secretly and he could not express his love and married Sweety. Tetar did not favoured this and planned against Nimki. Sweety realised Abhimanyu's feelings for Nimki and hence decided to leave him and married Rituraj. Soon Nimki also realised that she no longer loves selfish Babbu rather she has started loving Abhimanyu. Hence she decided to divorce with Babbu. She organised a fashion show in the village but Tetar and Babbu are not in favour. Before the beginning of the fashion show Nimki and the villagers insult Tetar Singh. To avenge his father's insult, during the fashion show Babbu rapes Nimki.
- Bhumika Gurung as Nimki , village first female mukhiya ,main lead of the show.
- Indraneil Sengupta as Abhimanyu Rai a.k.a. BDO Babu, Nimki's love interest
- Abhishek Sharma as Babbu Singh, Nimki's abusive husband
- Shriya Jha as Sweety, Babbu's sister
- Priyanshu Singh as Tunney, Nimki's friend, Mahua's love interest
- Vijay Kumar[disambiguation needed] as Tehater Singh, Babbu's father
- Garima Vikrant Singh/Neelima Singh as Anaro, Babbu's mother
- Rishi Khurana as Rituraj, Babbu's brother-in-law
- Karaan Singh as Dubloo Singh, Babbu's elder brother
- Jatin Suri as Diamond Singh, Babbu's younger brother
- Shiwani Chakraborty as Rekha, Dubloo's wife
- Ankit Sagar as Rambachan, Nimki's father
- Saniya Noorain as Mahua, Nimki's sister and Tunney's current love interest
- Arafat Shaikh as Monu, Nimki's brother
- Syed Ashraf Karim as Nahar Singh, political leader
- Reena Rani as Bimla Devi (Dumri wali Chachi)
- Sulabha Arya as Masi ji
- Rita Bhaduri as Babbu's grandmother