|Native name||נמרוד משיח|
July 10, 1988 |
|Coached by||Gal Fridman (through 2013); Tom Korzits (2013–present)|
|Achievements and titles|
|Highest world ranking||1 (RS:X, 2010)|
In 2001, Mashiah received the Young Artist Award as an Outstanding Young Actor in an International Commercial for his role as a diver/actor in a television commercial. Mashiah was the 2009 RS:X Windsurfing World Championships silver medalist, and won the bronze medal at both the 2010 and 2011 World Championships.
In September 2010, he was ranked # 1 in the world in men's windsurfing. In September 2014, Israel qualified to have a male RS:X windsurfer represent Israel at the 2016 Summer Olympics, with Mashiah winning the quota place. He is Jewish, and lives in Mikhmoret, Israel.
In 2001, at the 22nd Young Artist Awards, Mashiah received the Young Artist Award as an Outstanding Young Actor in an International Commercial for his role as a diver/actor in a Cheltenham & Gloucester television commercial "The Pearl".
Gal Fridman, an Israeli former windsurfer and Olympic gold medalist, was Mashiah's coach until 2013, when he took on as his new coach Tom Korzits, the brother of Israeli four-time world champion windsurfer Lee Korzits.
In 2001 Mashiah won the gold medal in Thailand and was the Youth World Champion in the 15-year-old age group in windsurfing, in 2003 he won the bronze medal at the Youth European Championship, and in 2004 he won the silver medal at the Youth World Championship.
In September 2010, at the age of 22, at the RS:X Windsurfing World Championships in Kerteminde, Denmark, he won the bronze medal. That month he was ranked #1 in the world in men's windsurfing. In December 2010, the Olympic Committee of Israel named him the athlete of the year. Mashiah received a cash prize of NIS 40,000.
In December 2011, at the RS:X World Windsurfing Championships in Perth, Australia, Mashiah came in third behind Dorian van Rijsselberghe of the Netherlands and Piotr Myszka of Poland and won a bronze medal.
2008 Olympic bronze medal winner Shahar Zubari took Israel's berth in men's windsurfing at the 2012 London Olympic Games. Each country was allowed to send only one windsurfer to compete in the Olympics.
In September 2014, Israel qualified to have a male RS:X windsurfer represent Israel at the 2016 Summer Olympics, with Mashiah winning the quota place. As of 27 April 2015, Mashiah was the top-ranked Israeli male windsurfer.
- List of World Championships medalists in sailing (windsurfer classes)
- List of Jewish sailors
- Sports in Israel
- (12 August 2013) "נמרוד משיח – שייט, גלישת רוח"
- "Israel's Nimrod Mashiah wins silver at windsurfing world championship; Nimrod Mashiah, 21, wins first ever windsurfing world championship medal on English south coast.". Haaretz. 10 September 2009.
- Stan Ramati (March/April 2014). "Israeli Sports; Sailing", Jewish Sports Review, Vol. 9, No. 6, Issue 102, Pg. 22.
- The Pearl (video). YouTube.
- "CVMC: Young Artist Award 2001". cvmc.net.
- "CVMC: Diver". cvmc.net.
- Uri Talshir (19 December 2011). "Sailing/ Perth 2011/ Mashiah recovers, claims third world medal in a row". Haaretz.
- Danny Caro (21 January 2010). "Israel to invest £8m in Olympic squad". The Jewish Chronicle.
- Uri Talshir (4 March 2013). "Israeli Olympic hopeful returns to the board with his feet on the ground; Nimrod Mashiah took six months off after failing to qualify for the Olympics, and learned to stop thinking only about the future.". Haaretz.
- "Thai Airways International Mistral Youth & Junior World Windsurfing Championship 2001". pattayamail.com.
- Myrrh Walker (11 July 2006). "Battle in Weymouth bay; Sailors from all over the World are preparing for the Youth World Championship". The Daily Sail.
- Allon Sinai (5 September 2010). "Mashiah medals at RS:X windsurfing worlds; 22-year-old Israeli joins Amit Inbar and Gal Fridman as only Israelis to win multiple awards; Olympic medalist Zubari comes in 13th.". The Jerusalem Post.
- Bob Fisher (10 September 2009). "Britain's Nick Dempsey clinches windsurfing world title". The Guardian.
- "Nimrod Mashiah Named Athlete of The Year". rsxclass.com. 13 December 2010.
- "Olympic Sailing – World Ranking Lists – September 2010". Sailing News 23. September 2010.
- Rami Hipsh (19 September 2011). "Windsurfing/ RS:X European Championship". Haaretz.
- Uri Talshir (22 September 2011). "Windsurfing/ Sailing below the belt". Haaretz.
- "Dorian van Rijsselberghe wins the 2011 RS:X World Championships". surfertoday.com. 19 December 2011.
- Aaron Kalman (7 March 2013). "Israeli windsurfers dominate podium at championship". The Times of Israel.
- "Windsurfer claims third world championship". The Australian Jewish News. 18 March 2013.
- Allon Sinai (3 March 2013). "Israeli windsurfer wins 3rd straight world title". The Jerusalem Post.
- "ISAF – World Sailing – Men's And Women's RS:X Rio 2016 Olympic Places Picked Up At Santander 2014". sailing.org.
- "Davidovich sails to world bronze medal". Jewish News. 21 September 2014.
- "Rankings; Men – RS:X – 27 April 2015". sailing.org.