A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (January 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Birth name||Nina Boldt|
|Instruments||Vocals - Synth|
Nina Boldt, professionally known as NINA, is a German singer-songwriter based in London. She released her first single "Take Me Away" in 2011 on Aztec Records. Her debut album Sleepwalking was released in 2018.
In 2014, Nina released her single "My Mistake" which was included in a compilation by Hugo Boss. Following the release of her single "We Are The Wild Ones", Nina performed four shows in Florida supporting British synth pop duo Erasure on their "The Violet Flame" tour. She also performed at Liverpool Sound City music festival. "We Are The Wild Ones" was used in Syfy's TV series "Being Human". The official music video for the song was premiered by The Huffington Post. In 2015, "My Mistake" was used in a radio and TV commercial by Mercedes Benz; the song subsequently reached number 6 on Shazam's charts.
"Beyond Memory" was produced by Richard X and co-produced by Sunglasses Kid. The single was premiered by Idolator, who described it as "a slice of mid-tempo moodiness overflowing with Nina's longing, and Richard X's haunting synths". Idolator included "Beyond Memory" in their "Top 10 EPs & Mixtapes of 2016" list. "Beyond Memory" was played on BBC Introducing in July 2016. The EP features remixes by Ministry of Sound DJs Nilesh Parmar and Liam Keegan, as well as Swedish producer, Oscillian.
Nina released her fourth single "One Of Us" in collaboration with Metropolis Studios and M:UK label. The single was co-written by Nina, Oscillian and mixed by British audio engineer Liam Nolan. It was premiered by PopCrush who described it as similar to "Like A Virgin-era Madonna". That year, Nina performed at synth wave festivals around Europe such as "Outland" and "Retro Future Festival".
Nina's debut album Sleepwalking was released on Aztec Records on March 16, 2018. The Electricity Club described the album's title track as "a wonderfully moonlit pop number with a Eurocentric sensibility that will also act as perfect to soundtrack a West Coast night drive". In November 2018, Nina performed six shows in the U.S. alongside Canadian synth pop band Parallels. Nina released her new single "The Calm Before The Storm" as part of Adult Swim's "Fever Dreams" synth wave compilation.
- Sleepwalking (2018)
- Beyond Memory EP (2016)
- "Take Me Away" (2012)
- "We Are The Wild Ones" (2013)
- "My Mistake" (2014)
- "Heart Of Glass" (Blondie cover) (2015)
- "Beyond Memory" (2016)
- "One Of Us" (2017)
- ”The Calm Before The Storm” (2018)
- "In conversation with NINA | The Playground". www.theplayground.co.uk. Retrieved 2018-12-17.
- "NINA Hypnotizes With Electropop Earworm 'We Are The Wild Ones' (EXCLUSIVE)". Huffington Post. 2013-11-20. Retrieved 2018-12-17.
- "Mercedes-Benz – C-Class 2016". tvadmusic.co.uk. 2016-02-16. Retrieved 2019-04-26.
- "NINA's "Beyond Memory": Listen To The Richard X-Produced Title Track From her EP". Idolator. 2016-04-19. Retrieved 2018-12-17.
- Russell, Erica. "NINA Delivers Retro-Futuristic Synth-Pop on 'One of Us'". PopCrush. Retrieved 2018-12-17.
- "NINA Interview". The Electricity Club. 2018-03-05. Retrieved 2018-12-17.
- Andrew Zistler (2018-10-03). "NINA and Parallels Announce US Tour!". NewRetroWave - Stay Retro! | Live The 80's Dream!. Retrieved 2018-12-17.
- "Alice Glass, S U R V I V E, Marie Davidson, More on New Adult Swim Comp: Listen". Pitchfork. Retrieved 2018-12-17.