Nina Elisabeth Arvesen
May 16, 1961
White Plains, New York, United States
|Residence||Santa Monica, California|
|Occupation||Film, television actor Model Dancer|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
Mother Sidsel, pronounced "sis-sell Arvesen
|Relatives||Jannik Arvesen (brother)|
Christian Arversen (brother)
Nina Arvesen (born May 16, 1961) is an American film and television actress, model, dancer, and businesswoman. Best known for her performances in American soap operas, Arvesen landed her two most prominent acting roles as Cassandra Rawlins on The Young and the Restless and as Angela Raymond on the NBC television series Santa Barbara. In her native Norway, Nina Arvesen subtitled American films, ran a television station, and opened up the county's first RCA / Motown affiliate. Arvesen is of Norwegian descent and speaks fluent Norwegian.
Arvesen was born in White Plains, New York, but grew up in Norway through her early childhood. Arvesen also spent time living in Egypt, Brazil, Costa Rica and then again in United States, (however, both her parents are from Norway). She is a dual citizen of Norway and the United States.
Her father Jan Arvesen was a Norwegian diplomat and was Norway´s ambassador to Mexico (1979-1985), to Costa Rica (1985-1991) and to Portugal (1976-1998). Her mother is Sidsel (pronounced "sis-sell") Arvesen mother was also a Norwegian actress in Norway. Nina also has two brothers, Jannik Arvesen who is a financial investment adviser in Norway and Christian Arversen who works in film and special effects in Los Angeles California.
Arvesen initially began her career during her teens as an actress, model,dancer and a classically trained pianist in Norway. After college, she made the decision to leave Norway to pursue her dream of an acting career in the United States of America where she has appeared in several television shows, commercials and movies. After she stopped working in the various soap operas that made her famous her career aspirations shifted from acting to work modeling for television commercials, print ads and popular magazines. Arvesen went on to launch and create her own production company, The Arvesen Group.
Besides being the Master of Ceremonies of more than one St. Jude Children's Research Hospital's annual fund-raising events, Arvesen has been involved with the Make-A-Wish Foundation and the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF).
|1987||Beach Fever||Arvesen made her Foreign film debut in the 1987 Australia Theatrical feature film :|
|1987||Santa Barbara||Arvesen played the role of Celia Robbins, a police woman, in three episodes.|
|1987||Dragnet||Arvesen made her United States Theatrical film debut in the 1987 film which starred Tom Hanks and Dan Aykroyd.|||
|1988-1991||The Young and the Restless (TV series)||Arvesen played the role of Cassandra Rawlins|
|1988||Maniac Cop||Arvesen played the part of Regina Sheperd, a reporter who sets out to hunt down the Maniac Cop killer.|
|1988||Who Gets the Friends?||Arvesen played the role of Inga|
|1989||Now You See It.||Arvesen also appeared on the us Game show now you see it,|
|1991-1993||Santa Barbara (TV series)||Arvesen played the role of Angela Raymond|
- "SB's Nina Arvesen: Learning her way Through Daytime." Soap Opera Magazine. October 6, 1992.
- Reichardt, Nancy M. (October 14, 1990). "Soap not Boring for Nina Arvesen". Herald-Journal. Retrieved July 20, 2012. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- "Actress Recalls Her "Bermuda Love Triangle"". Bernews. April 7, 2013. Retrieved July 12, 2019.
- "Jan Arvesen 1 May 1974 Jan Arvesen Norway". www.untreaty.un.org. 1988. Retrieved July 24, 2012.
- "jan Arvesen Kokomo Tribune, July 1, 1992 , B". Kokomo Tribune. 1992. Retrieved July 24, 2012. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- "Nina Arvesen mother name Sidsel, pronounced "sis-sell Arvesen mother is a Norwegian actress". www.sceneweb.no/en/artist/19060/Sissel_Arvesen. 1990. Retrieved August 12, 2012. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- "Nina Arvesen brother Christian Arvesen Ref IMBD". www.IMBD.com. 1990. Retrieved July 24, 2012. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- "Cassandra Hall Rawlins, Brief Character History". soapcentral.com. 1988. Retrieved July 23, 2012.
- "Nina Arvesen Played Cassandra Hall Rawlins George Rawlins murder mystery in Bermuda , B". The Daily Gazette - Jan 19, 1990. 1990. Retrieved July 23, 2012. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- Making Waves pg.104-111. Orange Coast. May 1990. Retrieved July 23, 2012.
- Prime, Alena (1995). "Nina Arvesen, the sexy superwoman". Télé Star. Retrieved July 26, 2012.
- Blau, Eleanor (October 24, 1988). "THE MEDIA BUSINESS; Soap Opera Magazines Fight For Fans' Hearts and Dollars". The New York Times. Retrieved July 12, 2019.
- "Video: Island Cleaned Up With Soap Exposure". Bernews. March 14, 2013. Retrieved July 12, 2019.
- "TV questions: Who is soap star Nina Arvesen?". The Daily Gazette. December 9, 1990. Retrieved July 12, 2019.
- "TV Talkback Pg.TVW-12". The Blade. February 3–9, 1991. Retrieved July 12, 2019.CS1 maint: date format (link)
- ""Santa Barbara" Episode #1.798 (TV episode 1987)". IMDb. Retrieved July 24, 2012.
- "Dragnet - Cast, Crew, Director and Awards". New York Times. 1987. Retrieved July 25, 2012.
- "Maniac Cop (1988)". IMDb. Retrieved July 25, 2012.
- "Who Gets the Friends? (TV 1988)". IMDb. Retrieved July 24, 2012.
- "Now You See It (TV series 1989)". IMDb. Retrieved July 26, 2012.
- Prime, Alena (1995). "Nina Arvesen, the sexy superwoman". Télé Star. Retrieved July 20, 2012. Italic or bold markup not allowed in: