Nina Nayak (March 2014)
|Chairperson of Karnataka State Commission for Protection of Child Rights|
|Chairperson Child Welfare Committee Bangalore|
|Vice-President of the Indian Council for Child Welfare|
|President Karnataka State Council for Child Welfare|
|Consultant to Community Health and Education Society|
|National Consultant to Child Rights and You|
|Born||24 November 1953|
|Political party||Aam Aadmi Party|
|Alma mater||University of Madras
(Master of Arts
|Video A Mantra For Change: Nina Nayak at TEDx Domlur Change|
Nina P. Nayak (born 24 November 1953) is a social worker and child rights activist from Dakshina Kannada. She has dedicated her life to the promotion and protection of child rights. She has more than 30 years of experience in the field of child development, child rights protection and as an administrator, practitioner and trainer. Her works have significantly contributed for the recognition of child rights, policy formulation for these rights and their implementation by the Government of India. She has been a driving force in the implementation of ‘Juvenile Justice Act’ and the ‘Protection of Children Against Sexual Offenses Act’.
She gave a presentation on the role of children in governance in a TEDx event in Bangalore on 6 April 2012. She has authored several articles and books. Nayak was a former Chairperson for Karnataka State Commission for Protection of Child Rights. Previously, she was also the vice-president of the Indian Council for Child Welfare and member of the sub-committee on children in the National Planning Commission of India. As head of the Karnataka State Council for Child Welfare has facilitated several adoptions in the state.
Nina Nayak has a Master's degree in Social work with specialization in family and child welfare, and a Bachelor's degree in Home Science from University of Madras, with core subjects Child development, Food and Nutrition. She has a certificate in Human Rights from Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU).
- Chairperson, Child Welfare Committee, Bangalore
- Chairperson, Karnataka State Commission for Protection of Child Rights for three terms.
- Vice-President of the Indian Council for Child Welfare.
- Member of the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (equivalent to Secretary to Government of India)
- Member of the Sub-Committee on children for the 11th five-year Plan, National Planning Commission of India.
Nina Nayak has brought up 2 adopted children.
- "Nina Nayak: Child rights activist". The Hindu.
- "AAP fields child rights activist against Nandan". The Times of India. 11 Mar 2014. Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- "Nina Nayak is our candidate". Retrieved 12 April 2014.
- "Theme: The Big Picture". Domlur Change. TEDx. Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- "A Mantra For Change: Nina Nayak". TEDxDomlurChange. TEDx. Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- "Nina Nayak : KSCPCR".
- "Ex-Infosys CFO, Delhi scribe on AAP fourth list". Hindustan Times. 11 March 2014. Retrieved 11 March 2014.
- "Selection of Members in the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR)" (PDF). Ministry of Women & Child Development Government of India. Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- "Guardians Of Foster Love". Parenting. Outlook. Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- "AAP fields child rights activist against Nandan". Times of India. Retrieved 11 March 2014.