29 April 1979
|Other names||Gina Roberts|
Roberts grew up in Créteil, near Paris. A single mother at the age of twenty, she answered an ad to appear in a porn film in order to raise some money. After a few amateur shoots, she became a full-time adult actress and took the name Nina Roberts because of her passing resemblance to Julia Roberts. In 2003, she starred in Pretty Nina, a pornographic parody of Pretty Woman. Nina Roberts quickly became one of France's most popular porn stars in the early 2000s.
After two years of shooting porn films, she put her career on hold to write a book about her story in the adult industry. Titled J'assume (I take responsibility), it was published in 2004 by éditions Scali. Virginie Despentes wrote the book's preface.
In 2007, Roberts published Grosse Vache (Scali), a brutal portrait of a young woman fighting bulimia, anorexia, drugs (cocaine and speed) and finding love, which was a novel in the form of a diary. She worked on a film adaptation of Grosse Vache in collaboration with Evan Manifatori.
Roberts eventually came back to porn after a hiatus, although her onscreen appearances became increasingly rare at the end of the 2000s. Her performance in Casino No Limit won her the Ninfa Award for Best Actress at the 2008 Barcelona International Erotic Film Festival.
Roberts stopped for good her career as a porn star in the early 2010s. She played bass in a punk rock band and reinvented herself as a photographer but, to make a living, kept working behind the scenes in France's porn industry, as a casting assistant and press attache for Marc Dorcel. She also made several acting appearances in non-pornographic films. She eventually got a degree in sports and dietetics and became a professional coach.
- IAFD: Nina Roberts Retrieved 16 October 2007
- (French) Agnès Giard, Faire du X pour «faire face aux hommes», blog Les 400 culs, Libération, 17 April 2013
- (French)Christophe Lemaire, in Le Cinéma X, La Musardine, 2012, p. 426
- (French) Nina Roberts à ne plus classer X, Allocine.fr, 21 March 2008
- "Awards Won". Festival Internacional de Cine Erótico de Barcelona. Archived from the original on September 15, 2007. Retrieved 2007-10-07.
- "X Stars aux Ninfa Awards 2008: Les Gagnants!". 27 June 2008. Retrieved 23 April 2014.
- Spécial sexe: les retraités du porno, Les Inrockuptibles, 8 August 2010