Nina Söderquist in 2009
|Genres||Musical, Pop, Rock|
|Website||Official myspace[dead link]|
Nina started her career on Wallmans salonger and as a chorus singer girl behind many of Sweden's most popular singers. On February 2, 2008 Söderquist won the Swedish talent show West End Star on TV3. She won the prize of getting the leading role as "Lady of the Lake" in the London West End production of the musical Spamalot. In July of that year Söderquist was back in Sweden leaving the London stage for a while, she performed a song at the popular Swedish television show Allsång på Skansen. She was approached by the BBC to compete in the UK Eurovision selection event; she declined the offer.
In February 2009, Nina participated in Melodifestivalen 2009, the Swedish pre-selection show for Eurovision, in the hope of representing Sweden at the Eurovision Song Contest 2009 in Moscow, Russia. She performed first in her semi-final, finishing in fifth place, short of qualifying for the final and second chance round. She has since been working on material for an album due to be released some time during August, and has expressed a desire to return to Melodifestivalen.
In July, 2008, it was revealed that Söderquist was among the front-runners for the role as "Saraghina" in the Rob Marshall film Nine, she however in the end lost the role to American singer Fergie. She left the role in Spamalot around that time to focus on Melodifestivalen and her wanting to get a role on Broadway also being offered appearances.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20080929161825/http://www.showgruppen.se/NinaSoderqvist.htm. Archived from the original on September 29, 2008. Retrieved January 21, 2009. Missing or empty
- https://web.archive.org/web/20081023232322/http://www.tv3.se/westendstar. Archived from the original on October 23, 2008. Retrieved January 21, 2009. Missing or empty
- DN.se Nina Söderquist Archived December 19, 2008, at the Wayback Machine
- Viniker, Barry (2009-02-05). "Sweden: UK fought for Nina Söderquist". ESCToday. Retrieved 2009-02-05.
- Clarén, Ulf (2010-04-14). "Graalenskap på egna ben". sydsvenskan.se. Archived from the original on 2011-10-05. Retrieved 2010-04-30.
- Kaplan, Tony (2010-04-14). "Satsar på skrattfest". expressen.se. Retrieved 2010-04-30.
- "Nina Söderquist brädad av Fergie | Film | Expressen". Archived from the original on 2008-09-03. Retrieved 2009-01-21.
- Dagens Nyheter[dead link]