|Elevation||771 ft (235 m)|
|GNIS feature ID||440180|
The town also has the Cordry-Sweetwater branch library.
Scenes from the film Hoosiers were shot in the old Nineveh Elementary School, which was renamed "Hickory High School" for the film. Nineveh's last class of students attended here during the filming of the film in 1985, after which they relocated to Trafalgar to consolidate at Indian Creek Elementary School. The old school was lost to a fire just a few years after it was closed for consolidation.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Nineveh, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-17.
- Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 243. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3.
...and named for nearby Nineveh Creek.
- "FAQ". Brown County Public Library. Retrieved 4 March 2018.
- "Nineveh Indiana". ninevehfestival.org. Retrieved 30 November 2018.
|This Johnson County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|