|Chinese name||甯浩 (traditional)|
|Chinese name||宁浩 (simplified)|
|Pinyin||Nìng Hào (Mandarin)|
|Born||9 September 1977|
Taiyuan, Shanxi, China
|Children||1 son (born 2009)|
Ning Hao (Chinese: 宁浩; born 9 September 1977) is a Chinese film director. Ning studied at the Taiyuan Film School, where he majored in scenic design. He later transferred to the Art Department of Peking University. Ning eventually graduated from the Beijing Film Academy in 2003 with a degree from the Photography Department.
|Year||English Title||Chinese Title||Notes|
|2003||Incense||香火||Graduation film for the Beijing Film Academy|
|2004||Mongolian Ping Pong||绿草地|
|2009||Crazy Racer||疯狂的赛车||Also known as Silver Medalist|
|2012||Guns and Roses||黄金大劫案|
|2013||No Man's Land||无人区||Also known as Western Sunshine, filmed in 2010|
Since his breakout in 2006, Ning frequently re-casts actors who he has worked with, especially Huang Bo and Xu Zheng (as well as himself in cameo roles):
|Actor||Crazy Stone||Crazy Racer||Guns and Roses||No Man's Land||Breakup Buddies|
Animal abuse on set
In March 2018, a video surfaced showing a dog being abused on the set of the Hao-directed movie Crazy Alien. In the video, the dog was shown being spun around in a cage and dumped into cold water. The video was taped by a member of the movie crew. TMZ reported a representative of the movie saying there had been a design flaw with the suspended cage and that it had twice fallen into the water being completely submerged after spinning out of control; a whistleblower claimed that between shots, the dog was worked into a frenzy so he would bark as loudly as possible, and that this had been done on several takes. The director did not give a statement, but Crazy Alien actor Matthew Morrison said he was heartbroken about the abuse.
Ning Hao is married to Xing Aina, who is credited as a screenwriter in all his films since Guns and Roses and No Man's Land. They have a son together.
- "Mongolian Ping Pong Press Kit" (PDF). First Run Features. Retrieved 2008-05-10.
- Brockington, Ariana (2018-03-16). "Matthew Morrison 'Outraged' by Dog Abuse Video From Set of New Movie". Variety. Retrieved 2018-04-01.
- Marotta, Jenna (2018-03-15). "PETA Outraged Over Animal Abuse on Matthew Morrison Film Set, Demands Scene Be Cut". IndieWire. Retrieved 2018-04-01.
- "Dog Severely Abused on Set of Matthew Morrison Movie Filming in China". www.theepochtimes.com. 2018-03-16. Retrieved 2018-08-23.
- "'Crazy Alien' Producers Say Dog Wasn't Supposed to Fall in Icy Water". TMZ. Retrieved 2018-04-01.
- Shanghaiist.com (2018-03-20). "PETA accuses Chinese director Ning Hao of dog abuse on set of his upcoming film". Medium. Retrieved 2018-08-23.
- "Matthew Morrison says his 'heart is broken' over dog abuse video that surfaced from his film's set". Newsweek. 2018-03-16. Retrieved 2018-07-23.
|This article about a Chinese film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|