Ningbo Lishe International Airport
|Ningbo Lishe International Airport
|Operator||Ningbo Lishe International Airport Co. Ltd.|
|Location||Haishu District, Ningbo|
|Elevation AMSL||4 m / 13 ft|
CAAC airport chart
|Ningbo Lishe International Airport|
Ningbo Lishe International Airport (IATA: NGB, ICAO: ZSNB) is the principal airport serving Ningbo, a major city in the Yangtze River Delta region and the second largest city in Zhejiang Province, China.
In 1985, the Central Government of China approved the construction of Ningbo Lishe Airport. On 30 June 1990, it opened for service and became the first civil-only airport in Zhejiang. The construction cost was RMB 126 million.
In July 1992, the airport opened for international service. The first international service was opened to Hong Kong later the same year. In November 1998, service to Macau with onward code-share connection to Taipei and Kaohsiung started. International cargo flights started by the end of 1998.
In March 1997, Great Wall Airlines established a hub at the facility. The airport has services to 38 domestic destinations in China and international services to Hong Kong, Seoul, and Macau. It is served by 16 airlines.
It was renamed Ningbo Lishe International Airport from Ningbo Lishe Airport on 29 November 2005.
The airport is one of the fastest growing in China. In 1992, 286,021 passengers and 4,064 tons of cargo passed through the airport. In 2002, the figures grew to 1.28 million passengers and over 20,000 tons of cargo. Annual growth rate is 17.8% and 19.8% for passenger traffic and cargo traffic respectively.
In 2004, the airport handled 1.85 million passengers and 34,800 tons of cargo. It was expected to handle 2.3 million passengers and 52,000 tons of cargo in 2008.
Its operator signed a strategic partnership agreement on 10 June 2005 with Fraport, the operator of Frankfurt Airport under which it will sell a 25% stake to the German airport operator.
A new passenger terminal was opened on 8 October 2002 at a construction cost of RMB 770 million with an annual capacity of 3.8 million passengers. It can handle 1,700 passengers at maximum per hour. The departure lounge occupies 43,500 m². The new apron occupies an area of 87,000 m². The new terminal has 16 departure gates and 7 jetways. The new parking facility associated has 360 parking spaces.
Airlines and destinations
|Hong Kong Airlines Cargo||Hong Kong|
|China Cargo Airlines||Amsterdam|
Free bus service between the airport and Lishe International Airport Station is available every 10 minutes. There are limousine airport buses to downtown Ningbo every hour. There are buses to prefectures farther away from Ningbo with less frequency.
- List of airports in the People's Republic of China
- List of the busiest airports in the People's Republic of China
- 中国大陆2011年全年机场排名前50名 . Retrieved 27 July 2012.
- 东航山东三地齐发力 换季新开多条国内航线_民航新闻_民航资源网 . news.carnoc.com. Retrieved 30 June 2017.
- 暑期旅游？东方君带你凉爽带你HIGH . Retrieved 30 June 2017.
- 新航线 ▎你所不知道的哈尔滨 . Retrieved 30 June 2017.
- Citilink to add flights to China cities
- "EastarJet Adds Cheongju – Ningbo Service from late-March 2016". airlineroute. Retrieved 22 March 2016.
- "Spring Airlines Adds New Routes to Bangkok in July 2016". routesonline. Retrieved 6 June 2016.
- 2017, UBM (UK) Ltd. "Spring Airlines adds Ningbo – Jeju service from Nov 2016". Retrieved 30 June 2017.
- "Spring Airlines adds new Cambodia routes from Dec 2017". routesonline. Retrieved 5 December 2017.
- 2017, UBM (UK) Ltd. "Spring Airlines Adds Ningbo – Nagoya Service from late-Dec 2015". Routesonline. Retrieved 30 June 2017.
- "Spring Airlines adds new SE Asia routes in May 2017". routesonline. Retrieved 28 April 2017.
- New Destination to China
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ningbo Lishe International Airport.|