Ningbo Rail Transit
|Owner||Ningbo Rail Transit Group|
|Transit type||Rapid transit|
|Number of lines||2|
|Number of stations||51|
|Daily ridership||318,000 (2017-4 Avg.) |
|Began operation||May 30, 2014|
|Operator(s)||Ningbo Rail Transit Co.,Ltd.|
|System length||74.5 km (46.3 mi)|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
|Ningbo Rail Transit|
Ningbo Rail Transit also known as Ningbo Metro is a rapid transit system serving the city of Ningbo, Zhejiang and its suburbs. Six metro lines will be built inside the urban area of Ningbo, serving Haishu, Jiangbei, Zhenhai, Beilun and Yinzhou. Metro lines connecting Cixi, Yuyao and Fenghua are currently in the early planning stages, no detailed information on lines have been released to the public. The first phase of Line 1 started construction on June 2009 and start to service the public in May 30, 2014. Line 2 began service on September 26, 2015.
Ningbo Rail Transit is the second rapid transit system put into service in Zhejiang Province, after Hangzhou Metro.
Lines in operation
As of September 2015[update], there are two lines in operation in Ningbo Rail Transit system.
|Commencement||Newest Extension||Length (km)||Stations|
|May 30, 2014||March 19, 2016||46.165||29|
|Lishe International Airport
|September 26, 2015||—||28.4||22|
Line 1 is the first metro line serving Ningbo. It stretches in east-west direction, starting from Gaoqiao Town in the west as a viaduct and turns into underground tunnel when it approaches Haishu District. After that the tunnel stretches under Zhongshan Road, a main road in Ningbo, crossing Fenghua River and enters Yinzhou District. Then it passes Ningbo East New Town and Qiuga Town. After that it goes eastwards into Beilun District through China National Highway 329 with elevated line. Then it goes along Taishan Road and reach Xiapu. The construction of the section between Gaoqiao West and Donghuan South Road began in June, 2009 and passenger service began on May 30, 2014, making Ningbo Metro Line 1 the second subway line in Zhejiang Province. The extension of Line 1 between Donghuan South Road and Xiapu began trial operations on March 19, 2016.
Phase 1 of Line 2
Line 2 is the second metro line in Ningbo. It starts near Ningbo Lishe International Airport and stretches eastwards as underground tunnels. After reaching Youngor Avenue it turns northwards and passes Ningbo Textile City following which the route zigzags into Ningbo Coach Center and then goes eastwards while crosses Ningbo railway station, the main railway station of the city. Then the route extends northwards into Jiangbei District and turn eastwards until it reaches Lulin Market, where it turns into viaducts before reaching Qingshuipu Station in Zhenhai District. This section of Line 2 opened on September 26, 2015. The line will go further into Xiaogang Township in the second phase of construction which is scheduled to open in 2017.
Lines under construction and future expansions
There are six urban lines planned in Ningbo Rail Transit system. Of which the first phases of Line 1 and Line 2 will be built before 2015. A plan released in 2012 proposed a further 3 urban lines to be built before 2020, namely Lines 3 to 5. Among these lines, Line 5 will be reformed into a loop line. Regional rails for suburbs is also under planning. At the moment four suburban metro lines are being planned. Lines R1 and R2 will be heading northwest and connecting Yuyao and Cixi respectively. While Lines R3 and R4 will head south and connect Fenghua, Ninghai and Xiangshan.
Phase 1 of Line 3
Line 3 will be the third metro line in Ningbo. It starts in Chenpodu area in Yinzhou District as underground route and go northwards into Yinzhou Central Area via Ningnan South Road and then turn into Songjiang Middle Road and go northeast until it reaches Yongtaiwen Railway and go into Jiangdong District via Zhongxing Road. Finally it crosses Yong River and reach Datong Bridge Station, the terminal of Phase I. The line will be extended further into Luotuo Town, Zhenhai District.
Line 4 starts from Cicheng Station in Cicheng Town and turns south into the North External Ring Viaduct where it turns east-west. After reaching Jiangbei Avenue, it starts to turn underground and deviates from the viaduct to Zhuangqiao railway station where it turns south, crosses Yaojiang River and reaches Ningbo railway station. Then Line 4 goes along Changchun Road, Xingning Road until it reaches Canghai Road and become north-south again. After reaching Shounan Road it turns into southeast direction and reaches Dongqian Lake, its destination.
Ningbo–Fenghua Intercity Railway
Ningbo–Fenghua Intercity Railway is a suburban metro line. It starts on the south of Gaotang Bridge station in south Yinzhou District, goes south until it reaches the Ningbo Ring Expressway and turns into an elevated line and enters the Huanzhen North Road of Jiangshan Town. After reaching Jiangshan Station, it turns east into Yanhu Road and passes Yinzhou Industrial Park and Yongjiang Village until it reaches Fangqiao and turns south again along Donghuan Road before it reaches its destination, Jinhai Road Station.
|Late 2019||Gaotang Bridge
- "轨道交通1号线一期正式开通试运营 个别公交IC卡需开通相应服务" [Metro Line 1 formally cleared to open trial operations; bus IC card needed to ride]. 中国宁波网 [China Ningbo Net (nbnews.cnnb.com.cn)] (in Chinese). May 30, 2014. Retrieved 2014-05-31.
- (Chinese)宁波市城市快速轨道交通线网规划 Archived January 17, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Ningbo's first metro line opens". Railway Gazette International. June 3, 2014. Retrieved 2016-03-19.
- "Ningbo opens second metro line". Railway Gazette International. September 28, 2015. Retrieved 2016-03-19.
- 宁波轨道交通1号线6月开工 预计2014年通车 (in Chinese)
- "轨道交通1号线二期3月19日开通试运营" [Phase 2 of Metro Line 1 starts open trial operations on March 19] (in Chinese). Ningbo Rail Transit Group. March 16, 2016. Retrieved 2016-03-19.
- (Chinese)2号线一期工程今日动工 环城北路站等七大站点开建
- China Railway Siyuan Survey and Design Group, Environment impact report of Line 3 (Ningbo Rail Transit), Wuhan, February, 2014.
- Ningbo Environment Protection Design Group. Report of Environment Impact of Line 4 (Ningbo Rail Transit). Ningbo. November 2014.
- "The route of Ningbo–Fenghua Intercity Railway is almost fixed. Construction expected to start next year". Ningbo Daily. July 9, 2014. Retrieved September 14, 2014.
- "CSR Zhuzhou to supply Ningbo metro cars". Railway Gazette International. February 8, 2011. Retrieved 2011-02-14.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ningbo Rail Transit.|
- Ningbo Rail Transit (official site)