Ninh Thuận 2 Nuclear Power Plant
|Ninh Thuận 2 Nuclear Power Plant|
|Location||Vĩnh Hải, Ninh Hải District, Ninh Thuận Province|
|Units planned||4 x 1,000 MWe|
The Ninh Thuận 2 Nuclear Power Plant is a planned nuclear power plant at Vĩnh Hải, Ninh Hải District, Ninh Thuận Province, Vietnam. It will consist of four 1,000 MWe reactors. The feasibility study to be carried out by Japan Atomic Power Company. Japan Atomic Power Company will also consult the project. The plant will be built by a consortium, International Nuclear Energy Development of Japan Co, which comprises 13 Japanese companies. The plant will be owned and operated by state-owned electricity company EVN.
Unit 1 is expected to be commissioned in 2021, unit 2 in 2022, unit 3 in 2024 and unit 4 in 2025.
A marine geological survey for preparations of construction was carried out by the Japan-based Kawasaki Geological Survey Company at the ship M.T. Chōyō.
- Nuclear energy in Vietnam
- Nuclear energy policy by country - Vietnam
- List of nuclear reactors - Vietnam
- Ninh Thuận 1 Nuclear Power Plant
- "Vietnam signs up Japan for Ninh Thuan 2". Nuclear Engineering International. 2010-11-03. Retrieved 2011-12-03.
- Peixe, Joao (2011-10-01). "Japan Offers Consultant Services for Vietnamese Nuclear Power Plant". OilPrice.com. Retrieved 2011-12-03.
- "JAPC to assess Vietnamese project". World Nuclear News. 2011-09-28. Retrieved 2011-12-03.
- Tsukimori, Osamu (2011-09-29). "Japan consortium, EVN to tie up on Vietnam nuclear plant". Reuters. Retrieved 2011-12-03.
- "Survey conducted for nuclear power plant". VNA. 2011-09-19. Retrieved 2011-12-03.