This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
Was a creation of The Ninjai Gang, Ninjai is a web-based animation that centers around the life of Ninjai, a young samurai/ninja who is traveling the world looking for meaning and purpose in his life. Along the way, his path is crossed by characters like rogues or people who help him. Ninjai's best friend is 'Little Bird', a cute and brave sidekick with whom Ninjai often converses.
What's Happened to Ninjai?
It is uncertain if the story will ever pick back up, the website has been down for quite a while, and The Ninjai Gang has gone completely radio silent on the matter. The movie had a release date of February, 2022, but that has changed now to just 2022 from what we have learned is that they wiped the website clean form the original web series and are trying to compile/remake what story they had and include it into the movie along with it's actual ending. But that has yet to be known due to the fact that The Ninjai Gang is pretty much no more they have lost copyright and the lienees have expired and abandoned.
Sunset Studios (another form of The Ninjai Gang) seemed to have picked it up but shortly after dropped it as well. You can view these expired trademarks from Alter, If you do a search on the Hawaii Business Express site for Ninjai you will find every business under Ninjai that was proposed has either been Canceled or is Expired. The interesting one that is labeled Active was registered Nov, 10 2004 with a ridiculous partner term date of Dec, 31 1,000,000,000 AD.
You may also search Reddit for Ninjai, their are some interesting things their that may also draw up any conclusions as to why this great little flash animation was seized.
Characters in the series
- Ninjai: The titular protagonist of the series is a boy of unstated age with a nearly unnatural skill as a warrior. Not much is known about his identity, he seems to suffer from a form of amnesia and is on a quest to find out the answers about himself. "Who am I?" "Where do I come from?"
- Little bird: A small, grey and brown canary bird that Ninjai has befriended. It is a loyal friend, who cares very much about Ninjai staying with the young boy even in the Swamp of Ghosts.
- Dotoshi of the Blue Lotus clan: A mysterious man that Ninjai met during his travels, aiding him by helping him cross a river. His, or his clan's, purposes are unknown, and he has not re-appeared yet.
- The Mad inventor: An eccentric man that swears in most of his sentences. Ninjai helps him out of an unseen contraption that managed to snag him with a rope, leaving him hanging by his feet from a tree.
- Maha: An old man that Ninjai is seeking. He is last believed to have gone to the Keoki mountains, leaving the village of Yamuri behind. He is not yet seen, by name, in the series.
- Takagawa of the Red Dragon clan: An evil, broadsword-wielding man. He is a sadistic, mentally unstable villain in the series who takes pleasure in others' pain.
- Sakuri of the Red Dragon clan: Apparently Takagawa's right-hand man. Though he speaks little, he displays loyalty towards his master Takagawa and apparently enjoys the evil works about. He has a mystical tattoo of a snake that can move off of his arm and into a stringed weapon to allow it to fly, hone onto and attack targets. The serpent that forms from the union of weapon and tattoo is killed in chapter 12 by Ninjai, causing grief to Sakuri. It is unknown if there is, or will be, long-term effects of this form of severance.
- Eastman, Susan Tyler; Ferguson, Douglas A.; Klein, Robert A. (2006). Media promotion and marketing for broadcasting, cable, and the Internet. Focal Press. pp. 239–. ISBN 978-0-240-80762-1. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "Little Ninja is a Big Hit on the Web". Black Belt. April 2002. p. 66. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- Smith, Krispijn (4 May 2006). "Filmpjes als snacks: Atom onafhankelijk platform". NRC Handelsblad (in Dutch). Archived from the original on 15 July 2012. Retrieved 29 June 2011.