This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
A creation of The Ninjai Gang, Ninjai is a web-based animation that centers around the life of Ninjai, a young samurai/ninja who is traveling the world looking for meaning and purpose in his life. Along the way, his path is crossed by characters like rogues or people who help him. Ninjai's best friend is 'Little Bird', a cute and brave sidekick with whom Ninjai often converses.
Characters in the series
- Ninjai: The titular protagonist of the series is a boy of unstated age with a nearly unnatural skill as a warrior. Not much is known about his identity, he seems to suffer from a form of amnesia and is on a quest to find out the answers about himself. "Who am I?" "Where do I come from?"
- Little bird: A small, grey and brown canary(?) bird that Ninjai has befriended. It is a loyal friend, who cares very much about Ninjai staying with the young boy even in the Swamp of Ghosts.
- Dotoshi of the Blue Lotus clan: A mysterious man that Ninjai met during his travels, aiding him by helping him cross a river. His, or his clan's, purposes are unknown, and he has not re-appeared yet.
- The Mad inventor: An eccentric man that swears in most of his sentences. Ninjai helps him out of an unseen contraption that managed to snag him with a rope, leaving him hanging by his feet from a tree.
- Maha: An old man that Ninjai is seeking. He is last believed to have gone to the Keoki mountains, leaving the village of Yamuri behind. He is not yet seen, by name, in the series.
- Takagawa of the Red Dragon clan: An evil, broadsword wielding man. He is a sadistic, mentally unstable villain in the series who takes pleasure in others' pain.
- Sakuri of the Red Dragon clan: Apparently Takagawa's right-hand man. Though he speaks little, he displays loyalty towards his master Takagawa and apparently enjoys the evil works about. He has a mystical tattoo of a snake that can move off of his arm and into a stringed weapon to allow it to fly, hone onto and attack targets. The serpent that forms from the union of weapon and tattoo is killed in chapter 12 by Ninjai, causing grief to Sakuri. It is unknown if there is, or will be, long-term effects of this form of severance.
- Eastman, Susan Tyler; Ferguson, Douglas A.; Klein, Robert A. (2006). Media promotion and marketing for broadcasting, cable, and the Internet. Focal Press. pp. 239–. ISBN 978-0-240-80762-1. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "Little Ninja is a Big Hit on the Web". Black Belt. April 2002. p. 66. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- Smith, Krispijn (4 May 2006). "Filmpjes als snacks: Atom onafhankelijk platform". NRC Handelsblad (in Dutch). Retrieved 29 June 2011.