|Time zone||Georgian Time (UTC+4)|
Ninotsminda (Georgian: ნინოწმინდა) is a town and a rayon located in Georgia's southern district of Samtskhe-Javakheti. The rayon has a population of 34,305 according to 2002 Census. The vast majority of the population are Armenians.
Before 1991, the town of Ninotsminda was called Bogdanovka (Russian: Богдановка) - a name going back to the history of the Doukhobor settlement in the region in the 1840s. After the conquest of Kars in 1878, some Doukhobors from Bogdanovka moved to the newly created Kars Oblast. Twenty years later, some of them (or their descendants) emigrated from Kars Oblast to Canada, where they established a short-lived village named Bogdanovka in Langham district of Saskatchewan. Another group of emigrants, coming straight from Georgian Bogdanovka, established another Bogdanovka near Pelly, Saskatchewan.
The Georgian census of 2002 counted 34,305 residents in Ninotsminda, of which 32,857 (95.8%) were Armenians, 943 (2.7%) were Russians and 476 (1.4%) were Georgians. It is near the border with Armenia. In Soviet Union, Doukhobor population of the region was in comparatively favorable conditions, isolated from attention of civil officials as population of ethnically mixed borderline region. In the 1990s, following the collapse of Soviet Union and rise of nationalist pressure (both local Armenian and state-imposed Georgian), a significant part of remaining Russian settlers abandoned their homes to settle in Russia.
- Gurgen Dalibaltayan, Armenian general
- Hedwig Lohm, "Dukhobors in Georgia: A Study of the Issue of Land Ownership and Inter-Ethnic Relations in Ninotsminda rayon (Samtskhe-Javakheti)". November 2006. Available in English and Russian
-  (Doukhobor Genealogy Website)
- Bogdanovka, Langham District, SK (Doukhobor Genealogy Website)
- Bogdanovka, Pelly District, SK (Doukhobor Genealogy Website)
- "Ethnic groups by major administrative-territorial units" (PDF). National Statistics Office of Georgia. Retrieved 3 May 2015.
- Statistics Georgia
- 17 марта 2006 г. Брянская область готовится принять партию русских духоборов с Кавказа \\ Патриархия.ru/АНН
- Духоборы из Малого Снежетка. Первые переселенцы обустраиваются на новом месте. Евгений Писарев, Тамбовская область \\ "Российская газета" - Черноземье №4568 от 22 января 2008 г.
- Джавахетские проблемы Грузии. России ахалкалакцы здесь больше не нужны? 18.06.2006. России ахалкалакцы здесь больше не нужны? Иракли Чихладзе, "Солидарность" выпуск №2