Nintendo Fun Club
Nintendo Fun Club News, Issue 3
|Based in||Redmond, Washington|
Nintendo Fun Club was a fan club marketed by Nintendo. It was free to join, and its members received a free subscription to Nintendo Fun Club News, a periodical that discusses popular games and games that were planned for the near future. It offers tips and tricks, Nintendo video game news, and comics.
History and profile
Nintendo Fun Club was started in 1987 as a newsletter. The first four issues were delivered quarterly starting in the winter of 1987, with the final three issues being bimonthly. The headquarters of the magazine was in Redmond, Washington.
The Nintendo Fun Club was marketed via catalogs and flyers contained in Nintendo Entertainment System boxes, as well as within the content of at least one game, Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!. During the intermissions between rounds, when Little Mac's trainer is giving him hints to help him defeat his opponent, one of the things he says is "Join the Nintendo Fun Club today! Mac."
- Official Nintendo Magazine, the U.K. equivalent.
- Nintendo Magazine System, the Australian equivalent publication.
- History of computer and video games
- Nintendo of America
- Nintendo Player's Guide
- Phillips, Howard (1987). "The Name of the Game is Fun!". Nintendo Fun Club News.
- Luke Plunkett (August 22, 2012). "Remembering Nintendo's Other 1980's Magazine, The Nintendo Fun Club". Kotaku. Retrieved December 27, 2015.