|Founded||Tokyo, Japan (June 5, 1916 )|
|Headquarters||Tokyo Fujimi Bldg., 11-2, Fujimi 1-chome, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-8172, Japan|
|Revenue||JPY 161.8 billion (FY 2014) (US$ 1.34 billion) (FY 2014)|
|JPY 15.7 billion (FY 2014) (US$ 130.2 million) (FY 2014)|
Number of employees
|1,879 (non-consolidated), 5,174 (consolidated) (as of March 31, 2015)|
|Footnotes / references|
Nippon Kayaku (日本化薬株式会社, Nihon Kayaku Kabushiki-gaisha) (Japan Pharmaceuticals) is a Japanese company that was founded in 1916 as the first industrial explosives manufacturer in Japan under the company name Nippon Kayaku Seizo Co., Ltd.. Its main business areas are functional chemicals, pharmaceuticals, safety systems and agrochemicals. It has 8 plants and 4 laboratories in Japan. It also has subsidiaries in different countries around the world. It is listed on the Nikkei 225.
The company was established in 1916 to produce explosives for the construction sector. The firm then diversified into chemical dyes and pharmaceuticals in the interwar period.
Major products made by Nippon Kayaku are: epoxy resins, UV-curing type resins, functional films, colors for inkjet printers, catalysts, dyes pharmaceuticals, pharmaceutical API and intermediates, diagnostics, airbag inflators, micro gas generators for seatbelt pretensioners, squibs, agrochemicals.
- "Corporate Profile". Nippon Kayaku. Retrieved February 18, 2016.
- "Company Profile". Bloomberg Businessweek. Bloomberg L.P. Retrieved February 18, 2016.
- "Business Areas". Nippon Kayaku. Retrieved March 4, 2013.
- "List of Business Establishments". Nippon Kayaku. Retrieved March 4, 2013.
- "List of Group Companies". Retrieved March 4, 2013.
- "Nikkei Constituents". NIKKEI. Retrieved November 11, 2010.
- Umemura, Maki (March 2, 2011). The Japanese Pharmaceutical Industry: Its Evolution and Current Challenges. Taylor & Francis. pp. 248–249. ISBN 978-1-136-82824-9.
- "Major Products". Nippon Kayaku. Retrieved March 4, 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nippon Kayaku.|
- Nippon Kayaku official site (in English)