This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Traded as||TYO: 4612|
|Founded||(March 14, 1881)|
|Headquarters||Oyodo Kita, Kita-ku, Osaka 531-8511, Japan|
|Revenue||US$ 4.46 billion) (FY 2015)|
JPY 30 billion (FY 2015)(US$ 250 million) (FY 2015)
Number of employees
|16,498 (as of March 31, 2016)|
|Footnotes / references
Nippon Paint Holdings Co., Ltd. (日本ペイントホールディングス株式会社 Nihon Peinto Hōrudingusu Kabushiki-kaisha?) is a Japanese paint and paint products manufacturing company. It is the seventh largest paint manufacturer globally based on revenue.
The company, was founded in 1881 by Jujiro Moteki under the name Komyosha. In 1898 the company was incorporated and renamed Nippon Paint Manufacturing Co., Ltd. while in 1927 the company's name changed to Nippon Paint Co., Ltd.
In October 2014 Nippon Paint was reorganized into a holding company toward conducting optimal group management and the company adopted its current name.
Nippon Paint (Singapore)
In 1955, Goh Cheng Liang, set up his first paint shop in Singapore and became the main local distributor of Nippon Paint. In 1962 the company set up a joint venture with Goh Cheng Liang, with a 60-40 holding, the Nipsea Management Group. In 1965, Nippon Paint set up its first paint manufacturing plant in Singapore.
In November 2014, with the exception of Nippon Paint Indonesia, the NIPSEA Group officially became a subsidiary of Nippon Paint Holdings Co. Ltd..
Today, the company's core principles involve inventive paint solutions and high performance products that include products for architectural, trade and general consumer use. The company's focus is on products that perform as well as being environmentally friendly.
The company and its subsidiaries has presence in Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, South Korea, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Philippines, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam, India, Pakistan, United Kingdom, Germany, Greece, Norway, Netherlands, Lithuania, Poland, Russia, Slovenia, Spain, Bulgaria, Estonia, Italy, United States, Brazil, Australia, the United Arab Emirates and Bangladesh. It is among top 10 brands in Singapore.
To maintain its business standards, Nippon Paint strictly complies with local quality, environmental, occupational health and safety (QEHSMS) requirements in each country that it operates.
- "Corporate Profile". Nippon Paint Holdings. Retrieved October 13, 2016.
- "Company Profile". Nikkei Asian Review. Nikkei Inc. Retrieved October 13, 2016.
- "Top Companies Report". Coatings World. Rodman Media. Retrieved October 14, 2016.
- Freeed, Jamie (November 9, 2009). "All eyes on Orica's demerger strategy". The Age. Fairfax Media. Retrieved September 27, 2010.
- "History". Nippon Paint Holdings. Retrieved October 14, 2016.
- "Company Snapshot". Bloomberg Businessweek. Bloomberg L.P. Retrieved October 14, 2016.
- "Nippon Bee Chemical Co.,Ltd.". Nippon Bee Chemical Co.,Ltd. Retrieved February 6, 2011.
- "President's Message". Nippon Paint Holdings. Retrieved October 14, 2016.
- "Nippon Paint tycoon Goh Cheng Liang overtakes UOB's Wee Cho Yaw as Singapore's richest". The Straits Times. The Straits Times. January 19, 2015. Archived from the original on October 14, 2016. Retrieved October 14, 2016.
- Nippon Paint Singapore. "Welcome To Nippon Paint Singapore". Nipponpaint.com.sg. Retrieved September 27, 2010.
- "About NIPSEA Group". NIPSEA Group. Retrieved October 14, 2016.
- Official website (English)