|Born||18 May 1926|
Ahmedabad, Bombay Presidency, British India
|Died||1 February 2018 (aged 91)|
|Occupation||Poet, essayist, critic, editor|
|Notable works||Gujarati Sahiyta – Purvardha Uttarardha|
|Notable awards||Sahitya Academy Award (1999)|
Niranjan Narhari Bhagat (18 May 1926 – 1 February 2018) was an Indian Gujarati language poet and commentator who won the 1999 Sahitya Akademi Award for Gujarati language for his critical work Gujarati Sahiyta – Purvardha Uttarardha. He was also an English poet, and had written over a hundred poems in English, most being written in the style of Gitanjali.
Bhagat joined L. D. Arts College as a lecturer. Later he joined Saint Xavier's College, Ahmedabad, as a professor of English in 1975 and served there until his retirement. He served as the president of Gujarati Sahitya Parishad in 1997–98. He also served as a member of Advisory Board for Gujarati, Sahitya Akademi, Delhi, from 1963 to 1967.
He received Narmad Suvarna Chandrak in 1953 for his book Chhandolay and Sahitya Akademi Award in 1999 for his critical work Gujarati Sahiyta – Purvardha Uttarardha. He also received Kumar Suvarna Chandrak in 1949, Ranjitram Suvarna Chandrak in 1969, Premanand Suvarna Chandrak in 1998, Sachchidanand Sanman in 2000 and the Narsinh Mehta Award in 2001.
- "Remembering Niranjan Bhagat (1926-2018), a giant of Gujarati poetry". scroll.in. scroll.in. Archived from the original on 18 August 2018. Retrieved 18 August 2018.
- "Kavi Kosh - Niranjan Bhagat". kavitakosh.org. kavitakosh.org. Archived from the original on 31 October 2018. Retrieved 17 October 2018.
- Topiwala, Chandrakant. "સાહિત્યસર્જક: નિરંજન ભગત" [Writer: Niranjan Bhagat] (in Gujarati). Gujarati Sahitya Parishad. Archived from the original on 13 June 2012. Retrieved 29 October 2011.
- Kartik Chandra Dutt (1999). Who's who of Indian Writers, 1999: A-M. Sahitya Akademi. p. 131. ISBN 978-81-260-0873-5. Archived from the original on 15 February 2017. Retrieved 23 October 2016.
- "Veteran Gujarati Poet Niranjan Bhagat passes away". Deshgujarat. 1 February 2018. Archived from the original on 2 February 2018. Retrieved 1 February 2018.
- Amaresh Datta (1987). Encyclopaedia of Indian Literature: A–Devo. Sahitya Akademi. pp. 420–421. ISBN 978-81-260-1803-1. Archived from the original on 15 February 2017. Retrieved 23 October 2016.
- "Sanskrit Sahitya Akademi Awards 1955–2007". Sahitya Akademi Official website. Archived from the original on 31 March 2009.
- Bhagat, Niranjan (2004). Niranjan Bhagat in English (Sixty Six Poems). Translated by Parekh, Shailesh. Ahmedabad: Gujarati Sahitya Parishad. OCLC 62153007.
- Brahmabhatt, Prasad (2016). Kavishri Niranjan Bhagat. Sahitya Sarjak Shreni (in Gujarati). Ahmedabad: Parshva Publication. ISBN 9789351084747. OCLC 974566783.