|Born||Nirina Raudatul Jannah Zubir
March 12, 1980
Nirina Zubir (born March 12, 1980) is an Indonesian MTV Movie Award winning actress in modern Indonesian cinemaradio DJ and MTV VJ. She frequently appears as a television presenter, stars in commercials, plays in various movies, and becomes an impromptu singer.
Zubir graduated from the STIE Perbanas School of Economics. She eventually looked for other options as soon as graduation. She admitted to never imagine in becoming a radio DJ. Her first career at MTVonSky radio station (now MTV Sky) was a coincidence. According to Zubir, it was her friends who applied to MTVonSky under her name.
Her friends' move turned into a major change in her life. Quite beyond her expectations, MTVonSky hired Zubir because of her distinctive noisy-yet-witty personality.
“So there was my [first] opportunity [in the entertainment world].”
That first opportunity had led Zubir to bigger and better things. After landing one of the coolest jobs around — MTV video jockey — Zubir quickly gained fame. Her other talents were then noticed, including her ability to speak Mandarin, which she learned while living in Hong Kong and China for several years as a child. Former president Megawati Sukarnoputri even asked Nirina to become her personal interpreter during the 2000 Indonesian visit by the Chinese vice president. Her popularity then led to some movie roles, including in 30 Hari Mencari Cinta (30 Days to Find Love) and Mirror.
And it wouldn’t be Nirina if she didn’t have plenty of things to pursue. Her rising popularity as an MTV VJ for Indonesia tickled her ambitious side to think of spreading her wings onto the international scene. As her contract with MTV Indonesia neared its end, Nirina made plans: She was eyeing the position of international VJ for MTV Southeast Asia.
“The thing is, I wouldn’t give up on that. Not until they told me: ‘Enough, ‘Na [short for Nirina]’,” she once said of her ambitious plan.
The ambitious plan was never realized. After resigning from MTV Indonesia in 2005, Nirina’s international VJ career never materialized. Instead, she hosted several TV shows and starred in more movies, including Belahan Jiwa (Soul Mate), Heart, Kamulah Satu-satunya (You’re the Only One), Get Married and again in her latest release, Get Married 2.
Nirina has continued to grow as an actress, receiving several awards, including the prestigious 2006 Indonesian Film Festival Award and the 2008 Indonesia Movie Award — both for best actress.
Looking back at her achievements, Nirina realizes now how she truly fell in love with performing arts.
Zubir studied for a degree in bachelor's degree in Management Banking at the STIE Perbanas Kuningan, in Jakarta before beginning as a model. She is fluent in her native Indonesia, and in English and Chinese.
She made her full film debut in 2004 in the film 30 hari mencari cinta playing the role of Gwen.
In 2007 she played the lead role in the film Kamulah satu-satunya.
Besides her acting she has presented a number of Indonesian mainstream TV shows and has modelled in many adverts commercially in the country including for, Herbal Essences (2005–2006) and for the Indonesia advert for the .
- 30 hari mencari cinta (2004) as Gwen
- Mirror (2005) as Kikan
- Belahan jiwa (2005) as Baby Blue and Baby Pink
- Heart (2006) as Rachel
- Kamulah satu-satunya (2007) as Indah
- Love Is Cinta (2007)
- Get Married (2007)as Maemunah
- Get Married 2 (2010) as Maemunah
- Get Married 3 (2011) as Maemunah
- Purple Love (2011)as Talita
- Bidadari-Bidadari Surga (2012) as Laisa
- Untukmu Segalanya(1994)
- Untukmu Segalanya 2(1996)
- Tersanjung 1-6(1998)
- Assalamualaikum Cinta (2008)
Music Video Model
- Sheila On 7 - Melompat Lebih Tinggi
- Sheila On 7 - Berhenti Berharap
- Acha Septriasa & Irwansyah - My Heart
- Letto - Truth, Cry & Lie
- Hari Ini, Esok dan Seterusnya (2006)
- Indonesian Idol (Season 4)
- Anugerah Planet Muzik (Music Planet Award)
- Indonesian Movie Awards for Favorite Actress in Mirror (2005)
- Indonesian Movie Awards for Best Actress in Heart ( 2006 )
- Penghargaan FFI untuk Pemeran Utama Wanita Terbaik in Heart (2006)
- Independent Film Awards for Best Newcomer in 30 Hari Mencari Cinta (2004)
- Indonesian Movie Awards for Best Actress in Mirror (2005)
- Indonesian Movie Awards for Favorite Actress in Heart (2006)
- Indonesian Movie Awards for Best Actress in Get Married (2007)
- Indonesian Movie Awards for Best Actress in Get Married 2 (2009)
- Indonesian Movie Awards for Favorite Actress in Get Married (2007)
- Indonesian Movie Awards for Favorite Actress in Get Married 2 (2009)