|President||Karsanbhai K. Patel|
Nirma University (NU) is a private university in Ahmedabad in the state of Gujarat, India. It functions under the aegis of the Nirma Education and Research Foundation (NERF). Nirma University is a statutory university established under a state act.
- 1 History
- 2 Constituent Institutes
- 3 Rankings
- 4 Notable alumni
- 5 References
- 6 External links
Karsanbhai K. Patel is the founder chairman of the Nirma Group and the president of Nirma University. Dr. Patel established the Nirma Education and Research Foundation (NERF) in 1994 with a view to promote and support higher education in India.
In 1995 Nirma Institute of Technology started in a rented premise with five undergraduate engineering programmes affiliated to Gujarat University. In 1996 the institute started functioning in new campus.
Thereafter, in 1996, the Institute of Management was established. In 1997, the Institute of Diploma was established to offer multidisciplinary diploma programmes in Engineering. In April 2003, Nirma University, was established by the first three institutions, under a special act passed by the Gujarat State Legislative Assembly. The University Grants Commission (UGC) recognized it under the section 2 (f) of the UGC Act.Since Nirma University was developed it has maintained itself as one of the universities with best infrastructure and facilities .
Subsequently, the university established the Institute of Pharmacy in 2003, the Institute of Science in 2004, the Institute of Law in 2007 and the Institute of Architecture in 2014. Nirma University discontinued the diploma engineering programme to qualify for University accreditation as per University Grants Commission (UGC) norms, thus intake of students for Diploma Engineering had stopped since 2013.
There are seven constituent institutes operating under the faculties that operate undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral level programmes:
Institute of Technology
Institute Of Technology, Nirma University’s (ITNU) offers undergraduate, postgraduate and PhD programmes in branches of engineering in addition to an MCA programme. UG program consists eight branches viz. Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Instrumentation and Control Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Chemical Engineering. Admissions for the UG program are taken in three ways: 50% seats are acquired by ACPC (Gujarat state based) ranking from JEE Mains exam, while 35% from All India Based rankings of same exam, and rest 15% seats are taken by NRI and NRI-sponsored candidates.
Institute of Management
Institute of Management, Nirma University (IMNU) offers a five-year integrated BBA-MBA, a two-year residential MBA programme, an MBA in family business and entrepreneurship, and a doctoral programme in management, as well as an executive diploma programme, in-house training programmes, management development programmes and consulting services.
Institute of Pharmacy
Institute of Pharmacy, Nirma University (IPNU) offers undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in addition to doctoral programme in branches of pharmaceutical sciences.
Institute of Science
Institute of Science, Nirma University (ISNU) offers a Master of Science programme in selected areas of biological sciences and provides broad training encompassing science, business, and ethics to students enabling them to explore wide career opportunities.
Institute of Law
Institute of Law, Nirma University (ILNU) offers graduate degree in LLB programmes.
Institute of Architecture and Planning
Institute of Architecture and Planning, Nirma University (IAPNU) offers a five-year graduate programme in Architecture. The institute has commenced its pioneer session from 2014.
Institute of Commerce
Institute of Commerce, Nirma University (ICNU) offers B.Com. (Hons.) course.
Department of Design
Department of Design offers a four years B.Des. (Industrial Design) and a B.Des.(Communication Design) programme.
Center for Entrepreneurship
A concept taken up the university to ignite the hidden potential for entrepreneurial development in the students. Workshops are held year-round consisting of speaker sessions, innovative games, competitions to enhance their competitive game and also train them by providing necessary resources for networking, consultancy and seed-funding. The plan ahead for the center is to arrange interaction with successful entrepreneurs to emulate others who aspire to be there one day.
|General – India|
|NIRF (Overall) (2018)||101–150|
|NIRF (Universities) (2018)||94|
|Engineering – India|
|Law – India|
|Outlook India (2017)||11|
|The Week (2017)||27|
|Business/Management – India|
|Pharmacy – India|
The Institute Of Technology, Nirma University was ranked in the 101–150 band among engineering colleges in India by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) in 2018. The Institute of Management, Nirma University was ranked in the 51–75 band among business schools and the Institute of Pharmacy, Nirma University was ranked 18 the pharmacy ranking.
- "Infrastructure of Nirma University". CollegeSearch.in.
- "No more diploma courses at Nirma University". Syndication DNA. 21 January 2015. Retrieved 7 August 2018.
- "Bachelor of Technology". June 2016.
- http://www.nirmauni.ac.in/IMNU IMNU Institute of Management
- http://www.nirmauni.ac.in/IPNU IPNU Institute of Pharmacy
- http://www.nirmauni.ac.in/ISNU ISNU Institute of Science
- http://www.nirmauni.ac.in/IANU IANU Institute of Architecture
- "NIRMA VARSITY TO SET UP ENTREPRENEURSHIP CENTRE". Times of India. 9 November 2013. Retrieved 28 May 2018.http://ahmedabadmirror.indiatimes.com/ahmedabad/cover-story//articleshow/35766693.cms
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2018 (Overall)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2018.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2018 (Universities)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2018.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2018 (Engineering)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2018.
- "Top 25 Law Colleges In 2017". Outlook India. 5 June 2017. Retrieved 25 June 2017.
- Singh, Abhinav (18 June 2017). "The Week - Hansa Research Best Colleges Survey 2017: Top Law Colleges - All India". The Week. Retrieved 8 September 2017.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2018 (Management)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2018. Retrieved 3 April 2018.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2018 (Pharmacy)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2018. Retrieved 3 April 2018.
- Singh, Tushar Deep (6 September 2013). "Palanpuri boy reinvents the humble watch | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis". Daily News and Analysis. Retrieved 3 October 2017.