|Motto||तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय|
|President||Karsanbhai K. Patel|
|Location||Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India|
|Campus||Urban, 125 acres (0.51 km2)|
Nirma University (NU) is a private university in Ahmedabad in the state of Gujarat, India. It functions under the aegis of the Nirma Education and Research Foundation (NERF). Nirma University is a statutory university established under a state act. It is regarded as one of the most prestigious universities of Gujarat. It was accredited with "A" by NAAC in 2015.
Dr. Karsanbhai K. Patel is the founder chairman of the Nirma Group and the president of Nirma University. Dr. Patel established the Nirma Education and Research Foundation (NERF) in 1994 with a view to promote and support higher education in India.
In 1995 Nirma Institute of Technology started in a rented premise with five undergraduate engineering programmes affiliated to Gujarat University. In 1996 the institute started functioning in new campus.
Thereafter, in 1996, the Institute of Management was established. In 1997, the Institute of Diploma was established to offer multidisciplinary diploma programmes in Engineering. In April 2003, Nirma University, was established by the first three institutions, under a special act passed by the Gujarat State Legislative Assembly. The University Grants Commission (UGC) recognized it under the section 2 (f) of the UGC Act.
Subsequently, the university established the Institute of Pharmacy in 2003, the Institute of Science in 2004, the Institute of Law in 2007 and the Institute of Architecture in 2014. Nirma University discontinued the diploma engineering programme to qualify for University accreditation as per University Grants Commission (UGC) norms, thus intake of students for Diploma Engineering had stopped since 2013.
The Nirma University has a lush green 125 acres campus on the S.G.Highway, Ahmedabad. The constituent institutes of the university have independent state of art infrastructure comparable to the top international institutions. The campus has a serene academic ambience that motivates students to focus on development and all round growth. The buildings have air-conditioned amphitheatre class rooms equipped with multi-media and audio-visual equipments, spacious seminar halls and auditoriums with varied capacities and hi-tech laboratories with latest equipments. The entire campus is Wi-Fi enabled. On-campus facilities include Kalupur Bank Branch, stationery store, and a health centre.
There are six constituent institutes operating under the faculties that operate undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral level programmes.
The Institute of Technology offers undergraduate, postgraduate and PhD programmes in branches of engineering in addition to an MCA programme. UG program consists eight branches viz. Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Instrumentation and Control Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Chemical Engineering. Admissions for the UG program are taken in three ways: 50% seats are acquired by ACPC (Gujarat state based) ranking from JEE Mains exam, while 35% from All India Based rankings of same exam, and rest 15% seats are taken by NRI and NRI-sponsored candidates.
Institute of Management
NU's Institute of Management offers a five-year integrated BBA-MBA, a two-year residential MBA programme, an MBA in family business and entrepreneurship, and a doctoral programme in management, as well as an executive diploma programme, in-house training programmes, management development programmes and consulting services.
Institute of Pharmacy
IPNU Institute of Pharmacy offers undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in addition to doctoral programme in branches of pharmaceutical sciences.
Institute of Science
The ISNU Institute of Science offers a Master of Science programme in selected areas of biological sciences and provides broad training encompassing science, business, and ethics to students enabling them to explore wide career opportunities.
Institute of Law
ILNU Institute of Law offers graduate degree in LLB programmes.
Institute of Architecture
IANU Institute of Architecture offers a five-year graduate programme in Architecture. The institute has commenced its pioneer session from 2014.
|Engineering – India|
|Law – India|
The Institute of Law, Nirma University was ranked 11 in India by Outlook India's "Top 25 Law Colleges In 2017", 26 in India by The Week's "Top Law Colleges In 2016" and 23 by Careers360's "Top Law Colleges in India 2017", third among private institutes.
The Institute of Management, Nirma University was ranked as the 29th best B-school of India and Institute of Pharmacy, Nirma University was placed at rank 5th for its Pharmacy (Research and Teaching) program in India. Nirma University is placed at rank 14th by Career360's Top Private B-Schools Ranking in India 2017.
- Pranav Mistry, B.E. Computer Engineering, 2003 batch, an Indian computer scientist and head of Research Lab at Samsung, USA. He has been appointed a brand ambassador for the Digital India program by the Government of India.
- Chitrang Dalal, AVP Product Manager, Credihealth
- Jainam Shah, Core Kernel Engineer, Apple
- "Nirma University Campus".
- No more diploma courses at Nirma University
- "Infrastructure". www.nirmauni.ac.in. Retrieved 2016-10-19.
- "Bachelor of Technology". June 2016.
- http://www.nirmauni.ac.in/IMNU IMNU Institute of Management
- http://www.nirmauni.ac.in/IPNU IPNU Institute of Pharmacy
- http://www.nirmauni.ac.in/ISNU ISNU Institute of Science
- http://www.nirmauni.ac.in/IANU IANU Institute of Architecture
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2017 (Engineering)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2017.
- "Top 25 Law Colleges In 2017". Outlook India. 5 June 2017. Retrieved 25 June 2017.
- "Best Colleges: Worldly Wisdom". The Week. 9 June 2016. Retrieved 5 June 2017.
- "Top Law Colleges in India 2017". Careers360. 2017.
- "MHRD, National Institute Ranking Framework (NIRF)".
- "MHRD, National Institute Ranking Framework (NIRF)".
- Top Private B-schools in India 2017